Old November 19, 2000, 16:07   #1
celtic88
Settler

Local Time: 09:00
Local Date: October 31, 2010
is it just me (about AI)..
Or has anyone seen the AI build an embassy in other players towns? I played about 250 turns (on beginner) yesterday and I was the only one establishing embassies. I even gave the techonolgy to one of the computer players but he still didn't make any diplomats.. Every time I asked one of them for an alliance, a trade pact, military pact,etc. they ALWAYS rejected the offer.
Seems like the AI could use a little work..
Old November 19, 2000, 16:23   #2
Mad-Kat
Chieftain

That's a premature judgement I think. It's obvious that beginner level is almost a tutorial. I'm sure on higher level that the AI will behave differently. I've established every kind of treaty will the AI on beginner at one time or another. I'm currently allied with the Americans, have a Military Pact with the English, peace with the Native Americans and I'm at war with the Irish.
Old November 19, 2000, 16:38   #3
MarkG

well, in my current game on deity, every couple of turns i have to expel spies...
i've also seen one ai stealing a tech from another ai....

Old November 20, 2000, 00:59   #4
celtic88
Settler

But has anyone actually seen the AI establish an embassy? I thought about the difficulty level (beginner) but I'd still think the AI should be able to make diplomats..? I mean their town(s) are as big as mine, if not bigger. They have plenty of units and seem to be doing fairly good military wise. Just diplomacy wise it seems a bit lacking..