Old November 20, 2000, 11:03   #1
Chaos
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:01
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I still Don't like the nukes.
Can someone explain this to me.

at this point in time any country with ICBM technology can launch a rocket from their home soil and reach any other country in the entire world in under 30 minutes.

So why is it that in CTP 2, an ICBM missile can only go 20 tiles??????

and why is it that a "Space Plane" (the space shuttle can orbit the earth in 90 minutes) can travel the same distance as a stealth fighter?

this always bothered me. right now if I got in my car, (granted this would assume that there was such a rode) I could drive around the world in under 2 months. (and that counts bathroom breaks) so why can't a fusion tank on a mag lev get across the country in a year (one turn)

the same thing for boats. it takes 7 turns for my battle ship to get around my contenent. where as in reality we can put a carrier group any where in the world in a matter of months. Why do they insist on being so unrealistic with moving modern units?

Old November 20, 2000, 11:10   #2
MarkG

quote:

Originally posted by Chaos on 11-20-2000 10:03 AM
Why do they insist on being so unrealistic with moving modern units?
dont know... in order to have a balanced game perhaps?

Old November 20, 2000, 11:55   #3
Chaos
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:01
could be, and don't get me wrong, I love the game. I just don't think that making nukes able to hit any city on the map from any location would make the game unbalanced.

Old November 20, 2000, 15:20   #4
XMon
Warlord

Local Time: 04:01
You can't really think of a turn as the unit of time it represents in the game. There's really no connection. You can make the little timeline window show the turn number rather than the year if you want. Also, you can go into Units.txt and change the movement range of any of the units. Make the Nuke travel 50 tiles if you want to. I warn you, it will slow down the game though as you wait and wait and wait for the unit to get to it's destination. That's one thing that bothere me about the space feature in CTP, it would take forever for the unit to get to where you wanted it, esp on the large map. It would be neat if diff units had diff screen speed settings so that air units moved faster on your screen than land/sea units. In lieau of increasing the movement points of the nukes, you can put 'em in subs and position them near your enemies.