Old November 21, 2000, 14:05   #1
civstrat
Settler

Local Time: 09:02
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Why did they mess it up ???
Why did they mess up this game ? After playing a few days I come to the conclusion that CTP2 is only a better looking CTP with a few improvements but not the new essentially improved civ-game. There are no innovations, the game simply copies the Civ principle and adds some minor things.

That would not be a problem at all if all bugs were fixed and all older useful features were included. For example it lacks a hotseat mode, you haave to buy another copy for playing it on the LAN. The rule with borders expanding over an ocean and onto adjacent continents is nonsense, borders expanding one tile into oceans would be ok (just like in real life). Maybe a warship present near a border should temporarily expand this at a one tile radius around it making a kind of sea blockade possible, but thats it.

Unfortunately AI improvements concern only better defense of cities, I could not see any coordinated large scale attack at all.

I really hope these issues are fixed in an upcoming patch, otherwise CTP2 is only another remake of the original concept and we have to wait for CIV3 to see some really new ideas. From this point of view reviews with scores ranging from 60-70% are fair.