Old November 17, 2000, 19:35   #1
Allard HS
Prince

Local Time: 11:02
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Apolyton isn't in the credits of the game
Always a bit of a disappointment..

Neither is anybody else mentioned who is known to me. Except for Harlan Thompson, who is credited under "Additional Scenario Design".
Old November 17, 2000, 20:35   #2
Monkey
King

Local Time: 09:02
Did the word "Apolyton" not get mentioned anywhere in the manual at all? Gee that's a shame, maybe they bundled us with "the fans of CTP1 worldwide". I'm so proud when they do that, all I have to do is be a "fan" of the game and I can consider myself a major decision maker in the game's development
Old November 17, 2000, 20:51   #3
MarkG

Allard, what do you think the "A" means in the "A-Team"?

Old November 18, 2000, 06:33   #4
Builder

Local Time: 09:02
Like they couldnt print 7 more letters...
Old November 18, 2000, 07:55   #5
MarkG

quote:

Originally posted by Builder on 11-18-2000 05:33 AM
Like they couldnt print 7 more letters...
actually, that was the name the team itself decided...

Old November 18, 2000, 08:47   #6
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Allard,
Well, that means that you never visited the CtP forums very often 'cause the A-Team has some pretty important CtP people in it: Nordicus, WesW, skorpion59, Harlan, to name just a few. (Don't have a copy yet so I'm not gonna mention everyone 'cause I don't want to accidentally forget someone)
But I do agree it s*cks if Apolyton or at least Markos isn't mentioned in the credits or anywhere else

Builder,
We never quite figured figured out if the A stood for 'Apolyton' or 'Alpha' and besides, A-team is so much cooler
Of course, that did mean they had to knock me out everytime we got on a plane, 'cause I'm afraid of flying
Old November 18, 2000, 11:55   #7
MarkG

oh yes, Allard, the use real names hide the names of everyone on these forums know...

and yes, there was actually never a final desicion about "A-Team", but it was more like a "noone disagrees or proposes anything else so it stays" kind of situation...

Old November 18, 2000, 15:04   #8
skorpion59
Prince

Local Time: 03:02
Apolyton A-Team:
Don Blevens (skorpion59)
Harlan Thompson (Harlan)
Luke Loh (Celestial Dawn)
Mark Cummings (Dutcheese)
Paul van den Belt (Paul)
Thomas Pelz (TP)
Tom Davies (Morgoth)
Tom Hempstock (Nordicus)
Wes Whitaker (WesW)
Wouter Snijders (Locutus)

Apolyton Admin:
Dan Quick (DanQ)
Markos Giannopoulos (MarkG)
Old November 18, 2000, 16:34   #9
Allard HS
Prince

Hmm. I never was "into" the CTP stuff. Still, it was the first thing I looked up as I got Ctp2.

And it would be so much easier if everybody'd just use their real names....
Old November 19, 2000, 16:25   #10
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

LOL Don,
Wes posted a list with A-Team members in the Creation forum and didn't Mention Luke Loh but did mention Katy Sodeau. This kind of thing is exactly why I didn't wanna mention a full list before seeing the actual credits

Oh, forgot to mention Dan in my previous post, he should be mentioned in the credits as well, along with Markos.

BTW, this thread kind of made me think. Since only our real names seem to be mentioned in the credits, might it be an idea to give the A-Team members a custom title? So newbies and such can recognize us easier? Just a thought...
Old November 19, 2000, 20:03   #11
Savant
Warlord

Local Time: 04:02
Good Roster on that A-Team!

Thanks to all of you (several whom I just identified for the first time) for making the game more enjoyable.

I think I've used all the work each of you have done in the way of modifying and adding to the game and without your mods, I would have abandoned it.

Can I bill you guys for the 100's of hours I've spent playing the game instead of getting work done?

------------------

'Blood will run'
Old November 19, 2000, 21:10   #12
WesW
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Can I bill "you" for all the hours I spent making those mods?
Old November 19, 2000, 21:20   #13
skorpion59
Prince

Locutus,

Well since you mentioned some of the members, I thought it only fair to mention all of them. Katy never got involved with the beta but I gave her access to the Beta forums because she had initially signed the NDA. And while Luke resigned from the team, he did so only a week before the game was released. He was just as active in the forums as everybody else so I figured it was only fair to mention him.

Have to say it is real hard sitting here waiting for Activision to ship me a production copy of the game. I have a ton of map conversion work and don't want to release anything until I can test with the production version.
Old November 20, 2000, 04:21   #14
JimMac
Prince

Local Time: 10:02
Hmmm... Interesting to read that CD resigned from the team. As he was the person that made CTP1 playable and enjoyable, I wonder what made him resign from the A team?

Also, is anyone aware of Harlans opinion of CTP2?

Although I have decided that as soon as CTP2 arrives in the UK I shall get a copy, I would be interested in reading the opinions of these two on the game.

So, -if your reading guys...?

JimMac
Old November 20, 2000, 08:16   #15
Mannamagnus
Prince

Allard, your post implies that CtP2 is already on sale in The Netherlands. If so; where did you get it?
Old November 20, 2000, 10:02   #16
Locutus
Deity

quote:

Can I bill "you" for all the hours I spent making those mods?

Hehe, that would make you a millionnaire

quote:

Have to say it is real hard sitting here waiting for Activision to ship me a production copy of the game. I have a ton of map conversion work and don't want to release anything until I can test with the production version.

I know exactly what you mean I sure hope they don't screw up the mailing this time

Mannamagnus,
He probably got it from Amazon or some other website, if you didn't/don't (pre)order there you'll have to wait until it hits the stores, which should be anywhere between Wednesday and Pakjesavond.

Dus ik zou maar elke dag je schoen zetten en een liedje zingen, wie weet brengt de goede Sint het voor je mee
Old November 20, 2000, 10:18   #17
Mannamagnus
Prince

dank
Old November 20, 2000, 17:36   #18
WesW
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Yeah, I figure I spent over a thousand hours on ctp1 mods, and this doesn't count time spent playing the game. Most of that time was spent writing and replying to emails and the forums. The people who worked with me on the mods probably spent a few thousand hours more on their various individual work and the Med mod itself.
I think it will only take a very small fraction of that time to get Ctp2 up to where the Med pack is in ctp1.

I didn't know whether or not to put CD on the A-team list, since he stated that he did not want his name associated with the game. I think he made a mistake in that, but it's his decision.
Old November 22, 2000, 16:58   #19
Locutus
Deity

He, I just realized, now that we're in the credits...

Our names will live forever in the annals of CIVILIZATION!