Old November 23, 2000, 03:41   #1
TheBirdMan
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:03
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Location: A real Master of CTP-PBEM - together with all the others.....
The nature of the AI
As the game has not come to Denmark (yet), I'm not able to try myself. But I would like feedback on following questions:

AI invasions: Can the AI do this now - not a small taskforce (well, yes also this), but more like a full scape invasion from sea?

AI attacks: Is the AI able to gather an real army and make a major attack or is it "a little attack here and a little there with reinforcements dropping in one by one"

AI defend: Does the AI still get confused if you use a strong task-force and "cut" through its frontline and attack its cities from "inside"?

AI settlements oversea: The AI used to settle on "solid land". Only in desparation for land, you could get it to settle on islands. Else most settlements were made by luck (a city or a settler in a ruin on that island).

AI settlements undersea: How does the AI actually handle this issue?

AI navy: Does the AI make a reel fleet and does it use it?
Old November 24, 2000, 14:40   #2
TheBirdMan
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power Democracy Game
Emperor

Location: A real Master of CTP-PBEM - together with all the others.....
I might be some of a fool

"Yes you are (this would be signed by Wes if he had seen this)"

"No I am not I hope I would answer."

Actual - I didn't expect anyone to answer all Q. But some should be able to give a hint to some of them?!?!?

Old November 24, 2000, 16:12   #3
Triumphus Romanus
Chieftain

Hi BirdMan,
I cant really answer any of them except the last one, about AI navy. I havent really played long enough to see the other ones.
The AI definately builds a fleet, and uses it well. At least against me. I have been harassed by AI navys to the point it causes me to either scrap my fleet and take my chances on land, or crank up my military production almost solely for Navy vessels.
As for invasions and the like, so far I have only had the AI (non navy forces) just sort of pick at me, take a city here or there....no full scale invasion. Although, I have played on low difficulty settings as I try to cut my teeth in the turn based genre...CTP2 is my first. Also, I have played on gigantic maps, so travel between civs takes forever. I tried a 200X400 map, and it was very nice.....but so huge, I could see the game lasting forever. I had several mounted units travel for what seemed like an eternity before I found another civ.....and lo and behold it was the pissy Scots...they followed me back and picked a fight!!! Sheesh.