Old November 26, 2000, 18:33   #1
mosquitodriver
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
this game needs some help
What is the deal with the withdrawel system, is it a joke or what? Bottom line is most the time the computer doesnt even withdraw and often leads to war. When they sit on my railroad and block the way that ticks me off or when they sit next to a city and dont move i take that as act of war. I like the old system of withdraw, you accept to withdraw then you zap away period, if you reject then you stay and both sides go from there, easy enough.

What did they do to railroads? they are weak as heck but maybe thats a part of the new game i have to get used to, still think its too short of movement though

city managers dont help you they ruin you and slow your growth its a fact and soon everyone will admit it.

what happened to the placing of workers on tiles? i thought atleast as the leader i should have the option to do that, right?????

the city system of growth is wacked, how do i know how my city grows or produces?? computer controls what my workers do and i dont like that, plus CTP1 did a better job of information getting on growth and progress than does ctp2, its like they just took much of my control away from stuff, and specialized workers is a joke too

they changed all the units and they are good in some ways and bad in others. First i think they can get rid of the ironclad, i think the ship of the line is enough. and whats up with the infantryman and fascist, just about the same unit stats wise for gods sake. get us some different units that accually are different than the rest for crying out loud,

great job on the combat system, its nice. my planes still get shot down by catapults but hey i guess they get guided rocks later in the game. seriously combat is better though, and the limit on bombard is great.

extending the turns and the game is great too, awesome job on that

diplomacy is good, finally you can tell that your not being picked on just because your human player.

the game gets slow as heck later in the game. I mean my god it takes forever for my 400mhz 96ram to get through a modern turn with this game, almost sucks.

some units just dont make sense to me, like the scout sub, what the??? is that the answer to the spy plane?

why is cannon almost as powerful as artillery?

this game needs some work, but its ok if you want to waste some quality time.

Old November 26, 2000, 18:46   #2
mosquitodriver
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
trade system is much improved and i like it, you want to get more cash and you earn it by building the caravans and trading. helps science and income, its easy and interesting,

if someone pirates the route, attack them and fight the war they want, fair enough right, part of the game i would say

i love the public works system , great job it sure beats messing around with a bunch of settlers all day long, god that sucked

game looks far better than civ2, it blows civ2 away in graphics, but its not clean for sure, they could clean it up but hey dont bog down the game any more, it plays slow enough on my computer late in the game, the engine in this program needs some SERIOUS HELP

why the heck doesnt activision give us some funny stuff in this game, like the animations they had in civ2 rocked, this ctp2 is so dull and boring, all you do is listen to the same music over and over and point and click and you get no humor out of it except when my fighter gets shot down by a catapult hehehe, NOT!!!!! FUNNY

whats up with the music button while i play the game??????? there is none, that sucks so to change the music i have to exit and fix it and even then it sometimes doesnt work help help help help what am i doing wrong here folks, or does this game have a problem like ctp1 did, the music part stunk

the game needs some help folks, quick bring on the hacker/patch fellas, they have work to do.

more after i keep playing ,