Old November 27, 2000, 10:01   #1
Rebel Rick
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
DIPLOMACY Benchmarking
Hi there,

don't get mad at me (my copy of CTP2 will be in my hands in the next two days, after travelling some 10.000 miles.... hey eurogamers, how can it be that a southamerican civer like me living in a pathetic country like mine gets the game before you??? you should complain!)

Ok, straight into the issue: You (gamers and activisioneers) should take a look at something called Space Empires IV. Demo is avalilable (they delayed release for 2 months to get all bugs fixed...hmmmm).

I am very impressed. Really. Everything in the game runs very good.

Take a look at the diplomacy. It covers everything you could ask or offer. The diplo-flow is constant, with messages been replied and counteroffers as packages (package= treaty + resources + trade + gifts + whatever).

You should take a look. This is the model that i would like to see in every 4X game, no matter if it is on the ground or in the deep space.

BTW, those of you who like the space layer, should buy this game and play it separately from CTP2. I will, because a like both, but not mixed up.

Take a look, it is very very impressive. Sorry for talking about another game here, but benchmarking is allways good for us consumers.

C-u later
[This message has been edited by Rebel Rick (edited November 27, 2000).]
Old November 27, 2000, 12:12   #2
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 04:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I looked at it a couple of weeks ago and was impressed - the full-blown game is available from the creator for $39.95 - at least that is what it seems at http://malfador.com

However, I have enough games now to keep me occupied (CTP2, SMAC, Pharaoh) and entertained. Something to look at for the future though.