Old November 24, 2000, 03:37   #1
WesW
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 03:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Questions and comments, for users and programmers, respectively
While combing the text files in preparation for the Med mod II, I came upon some things new to the sequel, a few of which aren't mentioned in the manual. The interesting changes I will note in the comments section, and my questions about the new, unexplained things I will put in the questions section, hopefully to be explained by one of the Activisioners.

Comments:
Government settings have been changed quite a lot from the original game in some areas.
1)The addition of support, food and defense coefficients (see below) are interesting additions to the game, and further the impact of government choice on the game.
2)If the conquest decay flag works correctly in the game, it will be a significant improvement to the game.
3)The city limits have been drastically lowered for modern and post-modern government types, making it very hard to conquer the planet without really high unhappiness penalties.
4)Rush modifiers have been raised, doubled in the case of buildings.
5)Distance penalties and maximum unhappiness from this penalty has been significantly lowered. You shouldn't have cases now where you get a city from a ruin, only to have it die from revolt the next turn.

Questions:
1)There is a flag in the govern.txt labeled "defense coef".
This number differs from one form to the next, but is uncovered in the manual. What does it pertain to?

2)Can we add settlers to a city to increase its population?
I thought this was going to be in the game, but it isn't mentioned in the manual.

3)Effect of City Walls.
The flag in the buildings.txt says "percent bonus", but during the beta testing one of the Activisioners said that this was a typo, and that it worked as a set number. Is this still the case?

4)Effect of other combat improvements.
I guess in this instance I need a clarification of how combat works. Ballista Towers, etc. are said to improve the defenders attack percent. Does this pertain to the combat round when the defender attacks the attacker?
4a)How do these improvements affect bombardment and counter-bombardment?

5)Television upkeep.
Maybe this should go in the suggestions section, but I will put it here for now. The upkeep for this improvement was 50 in Ctp1. In Ctp2 it is 5, and in Ctp2 you have larger cities than in Ctp1. I thought that this was a typo when I saw it in the beta, but it is unchanged for the public version. In my last game, played with one of the later betas, building TVs in all my cities gave me outrageous amounts of gold per turn, totally upsetting the game balance, especially when combined with the Hollywood wonder.
Old November 27, 2000, 19:16   #2
WesW
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 03:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Bump!