Old November 25, 2000, 17:15   #1
Monkey
King

Local Time: 09:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
First positive review of CTP2?
CTP2 got a 9/10 at EuroGamer.
http://www.eurogamer.net/content/r_ctp2

The reviewer mentions that the animations are lacking? CTP1 had animations... this is not missing from CTP2 is it?

Another question. How come no one has mentioned the new units in the scenarios?? The review mentions something about the war elephant unit in the Alexander the great scenario. I definitely want war elephants in my normal game! Is it possible to rip out the units from the scenarios and put it in a mod pack?
Old November 26, 2000, 04:27   #2
MarkG

quote:

Originally posted by Monkey on 11-25-2000 04:15 PM
Another question. How come no one has mentioned the new units in the scenarios?? The review mentions something about the war elephant unit in the Alexander the great scenario. I definitely want war elephants in my normal game! Is it possible to rip out the units from the scenarios and put it in a mod pack?
at least the Alexander scenario that i checked exactly for this reason, has 4-5 new unit sprites(although the generals are variations of the phalanx unit). i believe they can be used

Old November 28, 2000, 17:24   #3
Dissident Aggressor

decent review. they seemed to cover most areas of the game. He mentioned the scenarios. But did not mention a ww2 scenario. Are you kidding me. How can you make a civ game with no ww2 scenario? I'd like to know the status of this before I buy.

I love the line about people in the hague threatening war on the U.S. if they don't reduce their pollution levels. Hilarious. Seems a little unrealistic, but I like some of these diplomacy options. But I serioulsy doubt they will work. It always seemed in civ2 no matter how hard I tried I could never even get a simple world map. Maybe I'm just not a nice guy.

Old November 28, 2000, 18:06   #4
MarkG

quote:

Originally posted by Dissident Aggressor on 11-28-2000 04:24 PM
decent review. they seemed to cover most areas of the game. He mentioned the scenarios. But did not mention a ww2 scenario. Are you kidding me. How can you make a civ game with no ww2 scenario? I'd like to know the status of this before I buy.
it's in the works, it will be released online

Old November 28, 2000, 21:20   #5
Dissident Aggressor

ok good. well I got it today. But so far my only beef is that they didn't include some stuff (ww2 scenario) that should be in the original game. And no hotseat! I'm disappointed in that to say the least. but I got it at a good price so I'll check it out and no more posting here