Old November 24, 2000, 15:32   #1
AnimeKydd
Settler

Local Time: 09:08
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Resync error in TCP/IP Lan Multiplayer
Hey everyone...

Anyone else get a resync error when playing multiplayer over a LAN network? I have tried both TCP/IP LAN and IPX...both play fine until about 600 BC then every turn the non-host player has to resync when the host ends his turn.

Just a heads up

Rob
Old November 24, 2000, 21:41   #2
JimMac
Prince

Local Time: 10:08
It is a pity to read that the resync error which is very common in my CTP1 LAN games, appears to be still present in CTP2.

The resync error in CTP1 increases in frequency after around turn 150. I can live with the resync-ing but it often leads to other annoying affects such as the AI taking the turn of the non host player(s)and doing such things as changing government and city builds, and for some reason trade routes are cancelled and have to be reset. So I had hoped that this problem had been cured in CTP2.

Anybody having any successful LAN games lasting over, say, 200 turns?

JimMac
Old November 30, 2000, 17:00   #3
Jerk
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:08

I have played thru 3 multiplayer games so far. One with 3 players, two with 2 players. In each game we encountered the constant resynching on every turn. It did not seem to matter if it was an ipx or tcp/ip game. In some cases the game crashed completely on the non-hosts computer, other cases there were brief moments in which the nonhost player got taken over by the AI. In addition to the hassle of the AI screwing up your build orders and government the resynches screws up the ranking graphs. It seriously slows the pace of the game waiting for the resynch to happen. Time is a big concern in the later years of your game where you have more cities and more units to maintain and move. Until this is fixed multiplayer LAN games are a nightmare and almost unplayable.
Old December 2, 2000, 01:55   #4
AnimeKydd
Settler

Yes, after turn 150 or so is when the resyncing begins...

Some of the problems we have encountered are that the game reports everyone as working on the same wonder...specifically Aristotles Lycuum

Also, when it does resync, the cities revert to the original early age graphic (does not seem to affect city production rates tho)

And finally your research and production screens do not show the time left to complete an item...it only shows the total number of turns as if you had put no work into them. There is still work going into them and they do finally get produced, but it is frustrating to try and figure out how long you have left on that much needed advance!
Old December 4, 2000, 17:56   #5
ClintWalker
Settler

I have also had a problem with taking a city, then having it resynch and finding I dont have it anymore and my units are dead. The thing is, however, I'm not sure if I was really supposed to win the battle. It was a pike man and mounted archer versus a canon in a city. I dont beleive I should have and his canon was injured. So what I'm asking is to the other people who had this problem is.. were you supposed to win the battles or not? If the case is you weren't then it's really no big deal to me. Thanks!
Old December 6, 2000, 21:38   #6
abs88
Settler

I get the same stuff here... it makes the gameplay 2 time slower.... We have to wait for this guy to resynch every go and it takes maybe 5 minutes at times. zzzzzz

Please Patch this activision!