Old December 7, 2000, 00:54   #1
perthboy
Settler

Local Time: 09:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Path Error
Someone help me!

My CTP2 keeps booting me to the desktop with the error "Invalid Path" or some such nonsense, I used to get it in CTP1, but a patch fixed it. I've got the full install on the hard drive. It does it at random during the game. It's infuriating! Help!
Old December 7, 2000, 11:07   #2
Savant
Warlord

Local Time: 04:09
"Some such"?

Well, given the info provided, I would reckon it may be that the program is seeking the CD for files and then crashes to the desktop bc it can't locate your CD in the CD-ROM. It may be going to the CD to get movies or sound files that aren't on the hard drive and then crashes to the desktop when it doesn't find them.

I would check your devices in system settings and you can also add device settings in config.sys and autoexec.bat to make sure your CD is identified properly. You probably have a CD driver install disk you can get that info from.

Other thing is that you may have another IDE device on that same cable? That may be the cause of the failure to find the CD.

------------------
'Blood will run'
Old December 7, 2000, 20:36   #3
perthboy
Settler

quote:

Originally posted by Savant on 12-07-2000 10:07 AM
"Some such"?

Well, given the info provided, I would reckon it may be that the program is seeking the CD for files and then crashes to the desktop bc it can't locate your CD in the CD-ROM. It may be going to the CD to get movies or sound files that aren't on the hard drive and then crashes to the desktop when it doesn't find them.

I would check your devices in system settings and you can also add device settings in config.sys and autoexec.bat to make sure your CD is identified properly. You probably have a CD driver install disk you can get that info from.

Other thing is that you may have another IDE device on that same cable? That may be the cause of the failure to find the CD.

Thanks for replying to my query. I have actually reinstalled the program, using the other, non-maximum option, but it keeps doing it. It says it can't find the graphics files for certain units. I have checked the 'civpath' file and compared it with the civpath file for CTP1, and there are no big differences, I'll try what you suggested. Thanks again for your help.
Old December 8, 2000, 02:54   #4
perthboy
Settler

quote:

Originally posted by Savant on 12-07-2000 10:07 AM
"Some such"?

I tried what you suggested, but to no avail. I guess I'll have to wait and see what the activision support people say...