Old December 8, 2000, 10:12   #1
Atahualpa
Spanish CiversCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Emperor

Local Time: 10:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
First game muachachacha
Hehe the game gets funnier in the modern time. I love my subs!!! Unfortunately the AI is very very stupid! It could have crushed me lots of time. It still can, but it is not capable of launching a halfway descent invasion. Their one or two tanks they send in once in a while are easily destroyed by my artillery muachachacha. Artillery is fun!
Next thing that is fun is to roll around with 12 Tanks shooting everything in sight! hehe

I played on Hard Difficulty. In the beginning it was quite a challenge though any halfway experienced Civplayer could win this!

The time I was really vulnerable was by the time Infantryman were discovered. My cities were underdefended, I had virtually no offense capabilities and was at war with almost everyone! And I got out of that alive!!! Mayans declared war on me and I thought "Oh ****" and they must have known that I would be an easy hit cause they wandered around my territory with their cavalries unharmed. I feared they would attack me and such, so I began to build lots and lots of offensive and defensive weaponry, pushing my army up to date. Actually that helped a lot and when they began to nerve me with their ships (destroying my PW,...) I began to build up a great submarine fleet. And that was also a good thing, since it was me then who nerved them.
They did not realize that it would be better for them to build some destroyers or PT Boats and they kept on building Battleships and I kept on sinking them

I have so much money (200,000+) I can immediately buy every wonder I want!

Unless the AI doesnt get cleverer and realizes it would be better to actually plan and do an invasion I am the champ!
Oh and yes my ally is the second best (former best) Player.

I like the game but it has some flaws. 1.) The interface is not that smooth (see my posting in "First Patch CONFIRMED!" thread) and 2.) I didnt get that "Just-one-more-turn" feeling!

Ata
Old December 8, 2000, 10:18   #2
wheathin
Prince

Local Time: 09:09
Two questions:

How much of your victory was due to massive gold stockpiles? (i.e. being able to rush-buy units and factories, etc...)

Have you reset the wages slider variables to their "proper" position in const.txt as discussed elsewhere on the forum?

just curious
Old December 9, 2000, 05:54   #3
Atahualpa
Spanish CiversCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Emperor

Local Time: 10:09
weathin: Actually the game is not over yet I said the AI could still beat me if it GETS UP AND BUILDS AN INVASION FORCE. But well it doesnt - I do

Dont know where all the gold comes from. Lets see, I have Corporate Republic, Hollywood, lots of TV Stations, Big Cities,... I get around 10,000+ gold every turn.
So I could rushbuy all the time and still have so much money left.
My victory wasnt caused by rush-buying though, cause I forgot about that most of the time. I always find myself thinking: "Man, still 4 turns to complete " And then realize that I have 200,000+ money left
In the last few turns I did massive rushbuying.

Nothing done about the wage sliders. Should I? Most of the time I have set them one below normal, so that I get even more money out.

Activision: Do something about the AI!!! I have tens of subs round the mayan island and destroy all his PW and that doesnt matter to him? Why doesnt he build more subs, destroyers or PTBoats? Instead he builds Battleships which dont do my subs harm.
Actually no Nation counts much on subs. I see lots of Battleships, but only very few subs, even though subs have much more potential (Battleships get fired up by Arti anyway, and when I only have subs where is the need for Battleships?????)

Ata