Old December 17, 2000, 11:58   #1
Dyzee400
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Question about the AI
Just curious about this:

Say you want an AI civ's map. You put a stack of twelve powerful units next to a city on their outer border, say the American city (it always seems to be the Americans) of San Francisco. You open the diplomacy and demand the map. They refuse and you threaten to destroy San Fran. They reject, and upholding your threats you take that city.

Say you do that all over again with another city after conquering San Fran - will the AI be more willing to give you that map this time if you threaten?

Old December 17, 2000, 21:01   #2
Rollo Tomasi
Chieftain

Threatening to destroy a city never worked for me, even after I already destroyed one. However, threatening to declare war always seems to work if you have a superior military.
Old December 17, 2000, 21:30   #3
Hachi'
Settler

I dont think the games AI views 'destroy' as taking over. Destroy would be to nuke or creating a park or infecting etc. As an example, I disliked the Irish, cause they were the only other power besides me, so I declared war on them and nuked Dublin (their capitol). Soon after i requested one of their other cities (Edinborough which they took over from someone else). And when they rejected, I threatened to destroy Blarney. They then succumbed and gave me Edinborough without any resistance (very nice i must say). Then i asked for another city (i forgot which) they rejected. I threatened again to destroy Blarney again, and they rejected, so i nuked Blarney (I am a man of my word ). I didnt go much farther into the game cause I changed around some files, and wanted to start a new game with the modifications. So I couldnt really continue 'experimenting' with the Ireland negotiations But anyways, I guess next time when you threaten to destroy a city, and they dont listen, really destroy it, they may be a little more giving the next time around. Heh, playing with those fun toys though doesnt really win you high honors with other civs though. But if you are playing on bloodlust, who really cares right?
Old December 18, 2000, 08:55   #4
Dyzee400
Chieftain

Thanks Hachi. I wasn't sure to what "destroy" actually meant. Anyways, I couldn't destroy the city if I wanted to. My best figter right now is a Samuri. Hehe. Oh well, back to my game