Old December 18, 2000, 10:51   #1
prokkos
Settler

Local Time: 09:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Max hours, minimize food and max wages + slaves
I am still on my first game and have been using an old strategy from ctp.

right after starting a game, i max out production by maximizing hours worked. i also minimize the amount of rations. this creates some negative happiness so i compensate a bit by maximizing wages. gold does not seem to be a problem in this game. this seems to give me a big performance boost with no major unhappiness complications (at least through the middle ages where i am).

i also use a slaver extensively, i have one 24 city with 12 slaves. i had one problem with a slave rebellion in taking the city requiring a major effort to retake it. now at mid game, i am the strongest and ahead in science, but i am worried about someone finding the Emancipation Proclimation wonder which will hurt my empire.

does anyone have a way to set your slaves free, either one at a time or collectively, without the consequences of EP (slave revolts,etc.)? what if I get EP?
Old December 18, 2000, 11:04   #2
Carrion
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
quote:

Originally posted by prokkos on 12-18-2000 09:51 AM
does anyone have a way to set your slaves free, either one at a time or collectively, without the consequences of EP (slave revolts,etc.)? what if I get EP?

EP is a good thing! Providing you are the one to build it. If YOU build it your slaves are coverted in to citizen peacefully. It only causes riots in opposing cities. I love this wonder and used it a lot in CCTP. Haven't had the opertunity to use it in CTP2 though.

Hope that clears some things up.