Old December 19, 2000, 11:46   #1
Jen Dragon
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I've done a little griping now a little crow munching.
Loaded the patch, expecting to lose my save game. It seemed to work fine. I played several turns ok, didn't do anything but start the game and load my save. I also was invaded by sea by the Vikings, they used 4 transports loaded with I don't know what, The first Trans managed to land a spy and 2 machinegunners in the middle of my continent, and followed thier success with 3 other transports, I spotted the first transport on one turn, and got a couple of destroyers and a pt boat in there to bust it up. They didn't have any support.
No crashes yet, not one. I hate to say that out loud.
But I built my computer with quality parts, and keep my drivers and win98 up to date, use scandisk and defrag occasionally. I have saved and reloaded without exiting the program.
I am on med difficulty from the first time I booted it up, so didn't create the same civ glitch I hope, Im still on my first game. So far I like the game alot.
Its not worth 50 bucks but I paid 30 when Best Buy had it on sale so I'm happy with it. If CivIII is as improved over CivII as CTP2 is over CTP1 it will be astounding. CTP2 has a lot to offer. Evidently the MoD makers have a lot of good things to work with. I cant wait for them to finish up the MED2 mod. But I like CTP2 just fine, for a CIV game.
Remember Brian Reynolds brought the concept to Sid from one of the old empire type BBS games, with research and nukes and building cities up to be able to procuce various units using ASCI characters for units.
So overall I would recomend this game if you can get it when CompUSA puts it on sale for 29.99, you missed BEST BUY putting it on sale. And for 50 bucks it your call.