Old December 19, 2000, 19:54   #1
Pangaea
Settler

Local Time: 09:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
So how's the game?
Hey, I've been playing the Civilization series of games since I first got a hold of it on my friend's old 486, way way back....

I've avoided reading all of the reviews by gaming sites ETC, but would like to know what the real gamers think.

Just wondering how it compares to CivII and Civ:CTP?
I know I am getting it for christmas, its under my tree right now

Just thought I'd say hi.... see whats going on.... I used this site alot back when I ran my "Civ Guy's Homepage" site, then I got lazy and stopped working on it

Glad to see Apolyton has gone a LONG way since I visited last.... forgot your URl until I saw it on the Activision page....

thanks all, contact me any time if ya wanna chat, or have a game or something... I'm always up for a challenge

------------------
-=Pangaea=-
Old December 20, 2000, 09:37   #2
Tassadar
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:11
Hi,
I don't know if I qualify as a 'real gamer' in the Civ-genre since I have only played CivII (my all time favourite game) and SMAC, NOT CTP1.

But anyway, I like Ctp2 a lot, think it's well worth it's money. I didn't expect it to be that different from CivII but I think it actually is, 'game-feeling' wise that is (the fundamentals is the same). The interface needs some getting used to though, but I'm sure I will master it (only had the game for 2 days).

Regards Tassadar
Old December 20, 2000, 11:04   #3
The Viceroy
Prince

Local Time: 10:11
I think CTP2 is worth buying .. provides a few new twists .. It does have a few "Features" .. but im quite sure they will fix them given time.

I have CIV1,2 & TOT, SMAC, CTP1 & 2 .. and Im pretty happy with the game .. infact, my main complaint about the game is its bias towards all things American .. saying that, it doesn't stop you from enjoying your game .. as the Americans never get anywhere , and you can always re-name stuff you don't like.

Go buy it !!

------------------
"Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon