Old December 22, 2000, 01:36   #1
Backpack

This might be News: Strategy Guide Available NOW!
The included manual is next to worthless. When I bought CTP1 I got the strat guide for 5 bucks or something from best buy so I was lucky and had a 'real' manual for CTP1. I was poking around in the help files and found an html page that pointed to Brady Games (same people who did guide for 1) web site. I went and low and behold there it was, The good manual for CTP2. (based upon ctp1 performance). I then did a little poking around on the Apolyton News archives. Yep, theres the announcement but not confirmation that it has been released yet. ( I also searched the forums stategy n general with no hits on 'Brady')
Now If you read the forums I imagine 85% of whats in the guide is available here for free. whether that last 15% is worth it to you is your choice.
The ISBN is 0744000130
If you search on amazon you will find it with that.
Price = $16 US
(NOTE: I'm not in it for any money, just trying to be helpful. If this has been posted elsewhere, My Apologies. )

Later
BP

Old December 27, 2000, 11:49   #2
Jen Dragon
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
who needs strategy vs this AI. If you dont know anyting about civ type games it might actually be fun. If you expand, you will be so far ahead of the other civs the game will be over by 1900.
Old December 27, 2000, 19:39   #3
Alpha Wolf
Chieftain

quote:

Originally posted by Jen Dragon on 12-27-2000 10:49 AM
who needs strategy vs this AI. If you dont know anyting about civ type games it might actually be fun. If you expand, you will be so far ahead of the other civs the game will be over by 1900.

Would that be 1900 AD or BC?

------------------
History is written by the victor.
Old December 29, 2000, 14:18   #4
rwz
Chieftain

Any thougthts on if the Strategy guide is any good? Is it just a rehash of whats been discussed here, or does it cover some new ground? Does it explain how to use the map/scenerio maker, create mods and have indepth explanations of how this game works? I have to drive about 40 miles to get it and am wondering should I just save the $, gas and spend the time reading the forums.
Old December 29, 2000, 14:58   #5
Bluevoss
Prince

Its okay, but I don't think its worth 40 miles.

Its pretty much a rehash of the game, with some history and stuff thrown in. No biggie.

------------------
Bluevoss-
Old December 29, 2000, 19:52   #6
CC_Fully_Completely
Settler

I'm in Toronto, Canada and I got the guide around December 18th from Electronics Boutique.
Old December 30, 2000, 00:17   #7
aebbeka
Civilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEM
King

Local Time: 03:13
I haven't read it word for word yet, but from what I've seen, there isn't that much new information. It's more for people that don't have a clue what they're doing, or for looking up units, techs, etc.

I don't like the way everything is organized in it. It all seems jumbled a mixed together. I like the way Prima makes their strategy guides better.