Old December 30, 2000, 17:42   #1
Veracitas
Warlord

Local Time: 09:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
CtP2 --> Detached Feel?
I never played CtP1, but I've played Civ1, Civ2, ToT, and SMAC extensively. Of all these games, however, I think that CtP2 definitely has the most detached feel. In other words, I do not have as much of an emotional bond with my empire as I have had with the other aforementioned games. I know this is largely superfluous in terms of gameplay, but it's a nice thing to have with a game.

One specific complaint is the lack of ability to modify Civs and Leader titles. The SMAC ability to change faction's names and your own title and name depending as your mood dictated was nice. In CtP2, I don't even know what my title is, other than "Sir." If I want to be "God" of the "Roman Hegemony," I can't...well not directly. I'm trying to tweak with the files. I've pulled up civilisation.txt, but I don't think that's it. Anyone know how to tweak with civ names and titles?
Old December 31, 2000, 22:11   #2
Sabre2th
King

Local Time: 05:14
I think the name of the file is "civ_str.txt"
Old January 1, 2001, 17:18   #3
Simpleton
Prince

Local Time: 02:14
I agree, there is something untangable missing in CTP1 and 2 that the others had. That little something albeit a small difference does make for a better game.

It's the little things that make a good game great and a great game a classic. Really good game designers (Sid and Brian) add these simple touches to polish the game into a fine finished product.