Old January 3, 2001, 02:52   #1
RikardOjala
Settler

Local Time: 09:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Citysize
I don't seem to be able to surpass the 60-limit in citysize (at least not in the medium level). This puzzles me somewhat, since the scorebreakdown states that one gets a certain amount of points for cities < 300000, another amount for cities > 300000 and < 1000000, all the way up to a population of 5 000 000!
How the heck is one supposed to get a city to grow beyond a size of 500? This looks to me that someone made a pretty big mistake while coding the 1.11 patch (which i now use, and it is a sorry piece of code). Am I wrong here? Can one pass the size 60-limit? Have I misunderstood the scorings?

I also think that including the "conquered civs" x 500 points in the score was a big mistake, because it makes it impossible to have any kind of hall of fame-thingy, since one can simply let a city revolt, then conquer it and get those yummy 500 points and repeat the process over and over again...
This should've probably been posted in another forum though....

Old January 3, 2001, 08:53   #2
Falconeer
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:15
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The max size of a city IS 60. The scoring is all messed up as far as rewarding points for cities based on population. I don't think I've ever gotten points for city size over 100,000 even though I've had cities more than double that size.