Old January 1, 2001, 21:05   #1
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 04:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Frustration
I have increased the number of civilizations allowed in a game to 11 by modifying the line in Profile.txt and UserProfile.txt in their respective directories.

I also changed the mean values in gold and production, but then changed them back to their original numbers thinking that might fix it, but to no avail. I looked wherever I made modifications from after the last time I could play CTP II. I cannot find the cause for my problem. I checked to make sure I made no format errors when I changed starting gold and public works for the AI in the Diff.txt file and there were no apparent errors.

I get an error message when I try starting CTP II. It says this: "Unable to init database." Has anyone run into this problem after changing the number of civilizations? Thanks for any help.
Old January 4, 2001, 14:07   #2
jethro
Settler

Local Time: 09:16
NOPE,I WOULD TRY CHANGING THE VALUES YOU CHANGED BACK TO THE ORGINAL VALUE AND SEE IF YOU GET THE SAME ERROR.IF THAT DOESNT WORK I WOULD RE-INSTAL THE PROGRAM AND START AGAIN.WORTH A TRY
Old January 4, 2001, 18:36   #3
Sabre2th
King

Local Time: 05:16
this has happened to me once or twice. it was always caused by a problem with my modifications. it's probably a typo or something. if you post some of your changes, maybe a fresh pair of eyes can help you out.
Old January 4, 2001, 22:28   #4
CorpusScorpius
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:16
The same thing happened to me, after I increased the the # of civs to 16. I ended up reinstalling CTP2 & everything works fine. I am currently having the KISS OF DEATH screen (Blue Message Screen) & automatic rebooting of my cpu.......yippee
Old January 4, 2001, 23:26   #5
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 04:16
Thanks for your input guys although, before I checked this post again, after seeing it with no responses the last couple of times, I went ahead and reinstalled. Then I started all modifications I previously had from scratch.

Now it SEEMS to work - I have 11 players allowed in my modifications and the game loaded fine. I will find out if I can actually play a game now with 11 players.