Old January 2, 2001, 09:10   #1
BUSHIDO
Settler

Local Time: 09:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
why is everybody mad because of the bugs?
ok i know that there are bugs in the game. nut do you know a game without bugs. It a GAME it isnt life. take it easy and just play the game and have fun! And if you cant have fun because of the bugs, that is a shame. but change it then. you are all notepadgenius so what are you waiting for? i like the game because it is a civ game, turn-based and fun. look i buy game with the worst graphic and games full of bugs only because it is a civ game, turn-based and fun. so chill out and have fun

ok iam too waiting for patch 1.2 and hoping it is better. but we are talking about call to power II (the game that game orginally from sid meier`s civilization)

------------------
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
-Sun Tzu- 'the art of war'
Old January 2, 2001, 12:45   #2
Davor
Chieftain

Iam not a notepad genious. can i complain now? I think the point is we bought the game and shouldnt have to fix it for them. If you bought a car from me wouldnt you complain if you had to spend alot of time and money on it to fix it if I told you it ran great? Activison said it was QA tested alot and ran great. its not running great for alot of people and the bugs that are there they said wouldnt appear but did. we have a right to gripe.

Davor
Old January 2, 2001, 15:02   #3
BUSHIDO
Settler

but do you have fun playing the games or not? that is the point isnt it? i know that the AI is substanderd but let the guys at activision work on that. if the would have delayed the game you would be mad about that because it is taking too long and now it is here because we wanted it now.
Old January 2, 2001, 15:22   #4
BUSHIDO
Settler

one more thing.......do you know when there will be a new and good patch for call to power II????

------------------
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
-Sun Tzu- 'the art of war'
Old January 2, 2001, 15:26   #5
Bluevoss
Prince

Noooo.... I'm mad becuase I have yet to get confrimation from Activision that they plan (or even acknowledge) the weak AI.

Trust me, if they say they are fixing it, I'll be cool. I'm just trying to find out if 1.11 is as far as it goes.

------------------
Bluevoss-
Old January 2, 2001, 17:28   #6
ACOLKitty
Prince

Local Time: 02:16
Location: Triangle of Death Founding Member and Ambassador to Polytubbie land.
The bugs don't bother me much. They can be fixed and can be expected.

The weak AI is my problem. THat is not a bug, but shoddy work.
Old January 3, 2001, 01:57   #7
Bluevoss
Prince

Lets face it - the AI is totally substandard. Unless you die early, you can't lose.

Maybe activision will come up with a racing game next. And the other cars can't get their engines started. What fun.

------------------
Bluevoss-
Old January 4, 2001, 17:14   #8
BUSHIDO
Settler

ok you are right about that the AI is weak. today the had the change to take a city that was undefended and the didnt. that is a shame but i still here people jammering about all those bug but there arent that must (only the AI and i call that a big Bug)
Old January 4, 2001, 17:24   #9
David Murray
Prince

Um, Bushido, you don't happen to walk around on all fours and have a white fleece, do you?

Did you ever consider the fact that maybe we can't enjoy this game very much because of weak AI?

Did you ever consider the fact that we, as Civ players with an almost perfect knowledge (in economic terms) of the TBS market, are right to complain when the TBS genre is being sold out in the name of making extra bucks just in time for Christmas 2000?

And, did you ever consider the fact that some of us just aren't happy editing things in Notepad and feel Activision should do this officially for us. After all, some of us have to actually work, and don't have time to work as a beta testing team for Activision.

Old January 5, 2001, 00:41   #10
Jen Dragon
Chieftain

I'm mad because I invest 3 days into a game to have it crash on a bug. Reload crash reload crash, at the same point in the turn. Game over ..... After the third time thats about 9 day of playing wasted yet to finish a game, never get past battle ships. spys or facists crash the game by one of the computer ai players. That is a lot of fun.
Old January 5, 2001, 00:45   #11
Jen Dragon
Chieftain

I have never has another civ game except ctp1 crash and kill the game. game over. not civ 1 civ2 civ test of time not alpha centauri. just the ctp series . IF THEY DONT MAKE ANOTHER PATCH I CANT PLAY THE #$(#*$ GAME AT ALL> 3 times 3 fatel crashes.