Old January 15, 2001, 23:58   #1
Mike the Nuke
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hey Activision...are you there?
Are you guys reading any of these posts? If you are, how about making a post of your own and respond to the many qauestions and/or suggestions of you customers and potential customers. Except for a post by Mr. Ogre (about 2-3 weeks ago), we've heard little or nothing from any of you.
Old January 16, 2001, 00:12   #2
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 04:18
Here might be the reasons:

1) Activision staff might be working on the next patch

2) this Apolyton forum is not the center of the universe for Activision - they have other software besides CTPII, not to mention the fact that CTPII players who post here a minority

3) they have taken into consideration as many complaints from here as possible without necessarily responding to us (taking action on some of the comments and then letting us know only after they have completed such corrections)

4) Activision might be satisfied that the customers who are making modifications are doing a good enough job through the Apolyton forum (other customers may disagree)
Old January 16, 2001, 01:49   #3
heardie
Prince

Local Time: 20:18
Mayeb there on holidays. It is only January...
Old January 16, 2001, 02:23   #4
Simpleton
Prince

Local Time: 02:18
quote:

Originally posted by MrFun on 01-15-2001 11:12 PM
Here might be the reasons:

4) Activision might be satisfied that the customers who are making modifications are doing a good enough job through the Apolyton forum (other customers may disagree)

What kind of company expects the consumer to fix it product? If your statement is true then all the things I hear about Activision having the worst customer support among game companies must be true.

My feeling is about why there have been no messages from the Activision elite is because (1) They really don't care now that they've got our money. Just look at how often the CTP team posted on this site before the game came out and then suddenly the game comes out and they're gone? Why are they so busy now? You would think they would be busier before the game came out making last minute changes not after! (2) There has been so many negative posts about the game that they are scared to face us because they know what a botch CTP2 is!
Old January 16, 2001, 05:33   #5
MarkG

there was an increase of activision posting just before the release cause in those day the game was in QA and off their hands(last minute changes dont happen 2 days before the release you know). after the release some continued to be here probably because work on the patch didnt begin immediately, some went on vacation, etc

after that, you should just remember that if someone posts here, is on his extra time....

Old January 16, 2001, 12:59   #6
Big Dave
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 03:18
Mark,
Is it unreasonable for us to expect to hear from Activision in these forums then? They were certainly in here enough (building up the hype) before the game was released.

Is Lt. John in here only on his spare time, too or are his comments official?

Isn't Apolyton at least "semi-endorsed" by Activision as the place to get your CTP2 questions answered?

So where are the official answers to all of the questions that have been asked?

------------------
Big Dave

Do the Vatican police speak Pig Latin?
Old January 16, 2001, 19:08   #7
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 19:18
quote:

Originally posted by MarkG on 01-16-2001 12:26 PM
since mohamed isnt going to the mountain, we took the mountain to mohamed. we expect him to speak soon

ROFLMFAO!

That's the funniest thing I've heard in weeks! Good on ya Markos!

------------------
Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."
Old January 17, 2001, 01:26   #8
MarkG

quote:

Originally posted by Big Dave on 01-16-2001 11:59 AM
Is it unreasonable for us to expect to hear from Activision in these forums then?
actually, yes, it is unreasonable
what is reasonable to expect is to have a good customer support via official means (web/mail/phone) and not through a fan site
quote:

They were certainly in here enough (building up the hype) before the game was released.
i doubt that these specific people from the team were coming here in order to "build up the hype"
quote:

Is Lt. John in here only on his spare time, too or are his comments official?
whether or not Lt John(or anyone else) posts here on his spare time has nothing to do with his comments being official
quote:

Isn't Apolyton at least "semi-endorsed" by Activision as the place to get your CTP2 questions answered?
not in the sense that we have a deal with activision for "semi-endorsement" in exhange for handling their public relations and customer support for ctp2
quote:

So where are the official answers to all of the questions that have been asked?
since mohamed isnt going to the mountain, we took the mountain to mohamed. we expect him to speak soon

Old January 17, 2001, 12:59   #9
Big Dave
Prince

quote:

Originally posted by MarkG on 01-16-2001 12:26 PM
What is reasonable to expect is to have a good customer support via official means (web/mail/phone) and not through a fan site.

My understanding (and it may be wrong, I haven't done this myself, yet, is that several people have sent email to Activision requesting information and gotten a marketting email back for their trouble.

"Marketting email"= touchy/feely text with no substance, just in case that wasn't clear.

Old January 17, 2001, 21:25   #10
wittlich

I believe the one burning question we all have is this:

Is Activision working on a second patch (one that actually works)? And if so, can we have a window for it's eventual release (within 6 months, etc.)?

I think its a simple question - YES or NO - and if YES, when is the "estimated" release date.

Now, can we have a simple answer?

Old January 18, 2001, 01:14   #11
Big Dave
Prince

quote:

Originally posted by Big Dave on 01-16-2001 11:59 AM
Is it unreasonable for us to expect to hear from Activision in these forums then?
quote:

Originally posted by MarkG on 01-16-2001 12:26 PMActually, yes, it is unreasonable. What is reasonable to expect is to have a good customer support via official means (web/mail/phone) and not through a fan site.

The quote below comes from the Activision - what great user feedback thread.

quote:

Originally posted by Bluevoss on 01-14-2001 09:01 PM
You gotta love a company that dumps a botch job like this on the market, and then, when you report bugs, they point you in the direction of an independent web site (this one).

I will however email Activision my list of questions myself, and you may rest assured that I will post their response (good or bad) verbatim on this board.
Respectfully,

David

Edit: Corrected nested quotes and minor grammer issues.
[This message has been edited by Big Dave (edited January 17, 2001).]