Old February 4, 2001, 15:26   #61
Steve5304

Local Time: 09:21
Local Date: October 31, 2010
HERE ARE THE FACTS ALSO

1)SOUTHERN STATES WERE PROTECTING THE ARTICLES OF CONFEDERATION!THE 1ST TRUE CONSTITUTION

2)The NORTH ILLEGALY OCCUPYED KENTUCKY BEFORE IT COULD JOIN THE CONFEDERACY.AND THEY LET KENTUCKY KEEP THERE SLAVES.

3)Body Burning was a Regular thing Back then to prevent Chollera and Dysentery in both north and south.What do you think they did with the 30,000 dead union Soldiers At Gettysburg? Bury them? Ha! then Mass Disease would follow.

4)Face it southerners were Patriots They wanted Freedom From the North Just like the Colonys wanted Freedom From Britian.....Classic Example of David Stand up against Goliath and poking him in the eye.

-------------------------------
'south wil rise again'
Old February 4, 2001, 15:48   #62
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 04:21
You know that I was not talking about dead bodies - I am talking about burning people alive. And the Confederacy was based on the fight against human rights and equal rights. They systemtically terrorized white Republicans and former slaves.

Markos, I think you should close this post thread.
Old February 4, 2001, 23:11   #63
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 19:21
*singing*

"Susie take my sunshine! Susie take my sunshine."

What on earth are you guys crapping on about? This is CTP2!!!!!!

------------------
Author of Diplomod. The mod to fix diplomacy.

Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."
Old February 5, 2001, 02:37   #64
tombola
Settler

Hmmm, very interesting polemic. As a foreigner to United States politics I am not in the greatest position to say much about your history. As for government type in CTPII- I like corporate republic, but instinctively feel more secure playing as a virtual democracy. The CR is great for money, always a handy thing to have - but it FEELS wrong. I don't like the picture of great big corporations simply taking their flock of buyers for granted. I mean, next these corporations would be releasing disclaimers to the public telling them it is too expensive to make their products workable, or something equally ridiculous.

Since I live in ye Olde Worlde with ye olde political systems perhaps I am not qualified to comment- but doesn't anyone else find the whole gun lobby argument rather moot. I jsut cannot understand why anyone in their right mind would consider that having objects designed with the only purpose of hurting/ killing others freely available, is a sensible position to hold. Yes, here in ye olde worlde we do allow the free possession of knives for example, but a) they have other uses and b) are far less likely to kill than a gun. Thank god I work for the knife-making industry over here!!! (actually I don't- I am a medic- we rarely see firearms injuries in this part of the world- thankfully).

Back to CTPII- I cannot in good conscience vote for theocracy- I have only one REAL hate in this Earth and that is religion and its mindless followers. Maybe this is just a reaction to being told by various religious traditions that I am evil, sinful and wicked for being homosexual. Or perhaps it is simply that i can see through the crap- (go to www.memetics.com for an interesting weltanschauung).

For a similar reason I cannot play as a fascist for long either as the moral centres in my brain find it hard to tease apart the benefits in the game (eg. more miliitary) from the historical record of this in reality. Admittedly though I have used this form in my games, but rationalising it, by imagining a fictitious Fascist regime where all the cute men in Jackboots are gay!! They merrily go around imposing their world view that pink curtains and green velour carpets just DO NOT MATCH! Just watch them fight though. LOL!

As for ecotopian governments- hmm nice sentiment, but get real. Frankly I like having all the trappings of the modern world, and would hate to have to go back in time to a world where one was scared to leave a light bulb on for two minutes too long.

There that's my two pence worth/ two euros/ two cents/ two whatevers.

------------------
If the human brain were simple enough to be understood then we would be too simple to understand it.
Old February 5, 2001, 10:20   #65
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 04:21
Nice to see that I'm not the only gay man on here.

Anyway, I have fallen in love with the Communist government for its great production power and I am really not hindered at all by slow research under Communism since my economy is always light years above everyone else's by that time.

Then I turn to Corporate Republic and Technocracy. For me, Democracy and Virtual Democracy are meant for weak nations that do not need to maintain a military force. In that way, Activision has gotten that concept wrong - apparently they forgot about a certain republic nation with democratic principles that is the most powerful nation on earth right now.
Old February 5, 2001, 11:13   #66
The Viceroy
Prince

Local Time: 10:21
On behalf of her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II .. and the Commonwealth .. you (U.S.)are more than welcome to re-join the Empire, and put an end to U.S. politics as you know it .. Instead, you can vote as us British, Canadians, Australians and NZealaners do .. and have a prime minister the next day, which is more or less representative of your feelings .. no fuss,and whats better , no French laughing at you..

------------------
"Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon
Old February 5, 2001, 17:12   #67
MarkG

i'm sorry i let this thread go for so long
fixing the error...

Old February 6, 2001, 01:21   #68
Alpha Wolf
Chieftain

Let the frenchies laugh all they want. The next time Germany decides to kick frances butt, no one will be inclined to help them out.

------------------
History is written by the victor.