Old February 13, 2001, 10:48   #1
hoppy39000
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
just bought ctp2 newbie wheres Roads ?? Etcc
Hi all I just bought ctp2 today and have 4 big questions..since just startin might sound dumb...1 at beginning of gm in ctp 1, could immediately create roads...if had enuff pw...in new vers, dont seem to see roads, or mines in beginning ? do i need a tech, or a patch ?? or is this a glitch

2. in ctp 1, could assign workers by click on city then assigning to square, much like in civ...seemingly unable to do now..why ??

3. at beginning when place 1st city shows small white border...it grows as does city..but how far are borders same as 1st vers and civ...the 2 sq cross shape or has it changed this makes it difficult to place 1st 2 cities accurately

4. in ctp1 movement could be accomplished by just clicking unit then draggin mouse to spot want to go...now has xtra step...click green arrow, or dropdown..all seem extra work is there a way around that extra work ?? using num pad sometimes innacurate due to terain shape etc

plz email or icq Thx Jon (hoppy39000)

Old February 13, 2001, 11:16   #2
TacticalGrace
Prince

Local Time: 09:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
quote:

Originally posted by hoppy39000 on 02-13-2001 09:48 AM
in new vers, dont seem to see roads, or mines in beginning ? do i need a tech, or a patch ?? or is this a glitch

You need trade to build roads, slavery to build mines

quote:

2. in ctp 1, could assign workers by click on city then assigning to square, much like in civ...seemingly unable to do now..why ??

the idea was to remove reduce micromanagement, which I think it does. Also increases the feeling of helplessness but try not to worry about it too much. The resources you generate are calculated for each "zone" (see 3) something like this:
* total resource generated by the terrain is calculated
* divided by number of squares in that zone
* multiplied by number of workers in that zone

quote:

3. at beginning when place 1st city shows small white border...it grows as does city..but how far are borders same as 1st vers and civ...the 2 sq cross shape or has it changed this makes it difficult to place 1st 2 cities accurately

these zones depend on population. your people work in different zones depending on pop number.
pop[0] 1 square
pop[1-8] 8 squares
pop[9-20] 12 squares
and so on

there was a thread on this on this forum but I don't have a link

quote:

4. in ctp1 movement could be accomplished by just clicking unit then draggin mouse to spot want to go...now has xtra step...click green arrow, or dropdown..all seem extra work is there a way around that extra work ?? using num pad sometimes innacurate due to terain shape etc

you can still move units with a mouse drag

TC

------------------
Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...