Old February 21, 2001, 01:13   #1
tomdy2k
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
it could of been worse
hi

well i feel burned by activision spending 49.95 for ctp2. i guess it could be worse. how about paying full price for diplomacy. yep i did. the thing that's hard to understand with ctp2 are the positve reviews..are there any commercial review sites we can trust? it seems like about 1 of 20 games i buy actually live up to the hype which i guess shows a major addiction trying to find the perfect game....maybe civ3 huh?
Old February 21, 2001, 17:13   #2
Falconeer
Chieftain

What I've started doing is waiting a month or so to buy a game after it comes out (I know it takes will power but...) and then reading message from actual players. A month gives enough time for people to get through most games and enough people before you to buy it to get a consensus.

I just don't trust commercial reviewers anymore. Have you noticed now adays that A LOT of reviews sound a lot alike and mention the same things... take a look at press releases from the game producers and you'll find an outline for most reviewers. They just go through the press release, reword it, and slap it on up.
Old February 21, 2001, 22:34   #3
tomdy2k
Chieftain

hi

yes i have noticed. pcgamer online gave ctp2 a paltry 48% but pc gamer UK. said it's the greatest civ game of all time...from now on i'm going to buy only after reading a lot of user reviews. I don't remember which review site but they actually mentioned ctp2 and challenging AI. in the same review