Old March 1, 2001, 00:21   #31
Civtech25
Settler

Local Time: 09:23
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Thanks for spoiling BG2, you idiot!

quote:

Originally posted by jkadabomb on 02-13-2001 10:46 PM
BALDUR'S GATE II IS THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME(except for counter-strike). Right now I am in chapter 5, btw Dale, KILL YOSHIMO when you get the chance, he is a traitor(find out in chapter 4) also don't join Bhodi, She is really working for the final boss, join the thieves, they are the lesser of 2 evils,(story splits in chapter 3, where you have to decide to join some vampires or thieves)

Old March 1, 2001, 17:48   #32
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 19:23
quote:

Originally posted by Civtech25 on 02-28-2001 11:21 PM
Thanks for spoiling BG2, you idiot!

Actually, what we've been discussing doesn't wreck the game. Before you decide to choose between thieves or Bohdi, there's a discussion with both sides and if your character is evil it's more favourable with Bohdi, or if you're good it's more favourable with the thieves. It TELLS you (pretty much) which side you should join. Also, in the thieve's guild, there's a thief in there (can't remember which one) that tells you he knows Yoshimo and that he is known as a trecharous liar who sells out his companions. There was no real surprise, just who he sells you out to.

------------------
Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."
Old March 2, 2001, 01:17   #33
sulla
Chieftain

The game is still quite new. Unlike Civ 2 most people here are still beating the game there first few times around and are trying new strategies. With the Civ 2 forum people have played so much I jsutdon't think htey can stand playing it any more they can only talk about it.

------------------
Sulla-The last dictator of Rome before Caesar. He changed Rome and Rome sure as hell changed him.
Old March 2, 2001, 01:22   #34
Gwap
Chieftain

Ok, in that case, buy Europa Universalis, and enjoy a real challenge

Not to mention a bunch of developers who actually appear to enjoy user-input, and get funded to patch things. Thumbs Up

------------------
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
[This message has been edited by Gwap (edited March 01, 2001).]
Old March 6, 2001, 14:01   #35
Skeeve
Prince

Local Time: 05:23
quote:

Originally posted by sulla on 03-02-2001 12:17 AM
The game is still quite new. Unlike Civ 2 most people here are still beating the game there first few times around and are trying new strategies. With the Civ 2 forum people have played so much I jsutdon't think htey can stand playing it any more they can only talk about it.

Agree with that one Sulla. I've only had CTP2 for about a month and I'm still in the honeymoon phase. I've won 4 games so far (each progressively harder). Now I'm trying the different ways of winning, e.g. diplomacy, high-score, etc. I guess I'll try the impossible level soon, but at the moment I'm a bit Wary. Then come the MODS and the Scenarios. Oh joy!

-- Skeeve

------------------
My reach exceeds my grasp!