Old March 17, 2001, 16:08   #1
Nsae Comp
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:25
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Bad crash at playing multiplayer after hours!!!
I have played with my friend many hours of multiplayer and tryed to play it in LAN and Internet, and at the beginning of the modern age my friend attacked a enemy unit and after the fight the host crashed to the desktop.
We tried to be both pc's the host but it crashed both times.

Now i wanted to know if anyone know why cctp2 crasches this way.
Does anyone know what does the answer for the problem is.

Please Help me?
Old March 17, 2001, 18:05   #2
wittlich

Well, welcome to the group!

Now you know why everyone here at Apolyton is so upset with Multiplay CTP2. There is no fix that I know of - even Activision dumped the game after they released it (and got their money)

At the present, multiplay CTP2 is BROKEN. Maybe some one here will eventually figure out a modification package for it...but don't hold your breath. IMO, the problem with the constant resyncs and crashes are embedded to deep in the game to easily fix.

Sorry I couldn't be of further assistance

PS: We can hope for better support from Firaxis on their eventual release of Civilization III

Old March 19, 2001, 12:46   #3
Steve5304

Local Time: 09:25
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I suppose we programmers should huddle together on a thread and find ways to crack this problem.

But why should we, these mods take ages too put together? Our time is better spent playing not actually fixing defective games that cost 52.00$. So dont expect anyone to actually take this problem up. The Problem seems like it is more like 2 conflicting devices. Rather than everybodys popular notion that it is a "deep programming error".Because once you reach a certain part of the game and people start loading transports, etc. However finding the 2 dlls and applications would take months maybe years.

I will open a Thread to see what your problems are and see if I cant find any connections linked to a certain kind of action bye the player.

[This message has been edited by Steve5304 (edited March 19, 2001).]