Old April 10, 2001, 09:42   #1
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 04:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Cradle 1.05
I keep plodding onward in the hope of a better game.

...at http://www.mydocsonline.com

login is hexagonia
password is hextapul

IMPORTANT NOTE
================================================== ===============
If you are a first-time player, make sure you read the entire Readme file that comes with the Mod for all info pertaining to the CRADLE Mod.

To load a previously saved game, you will need to first create a new Cradle game, then you can load your previously saved game. BTW, this is how CTP2 works with all Mods...

YOU NEED TO MAKE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE IN YOUR
userprofile.txt file

located in the following directory
Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp

Look for the line
DebugSlic=Yes

and change it to
DebugSlic=No

This is needed for the militia slic file. Otherwise the gamefile will do some weird things

README INFO - CRADLE 1.05
===============================================
Several changes have been made.

Extensive work has been done on the pollution/happiness/growth issue. Through 700 turns, the AI has managed to maintain a good level of happiness in its empires. I was not aware of a bug that prevented the AI from using its entertainers - as my work was based on the premise that it would, this was an issue that needed to be fixed. There is now a patch within the pop.txt file that resolves this problem. A lot of work in getting all of these issues to tie together, and it still may need to be fine-tuned, but the important thing is that the AI now seems capable of staying out of a constant riot state, short of soothsaying and other nasty things that enemy stealth units can pull.

Thanks to Shaka2 for his gamefile!

I have been successful in getting the AI to build Trading Posts/Ports, which was an ongoing gripe of mine.

A couple of adjustments with the following gameplay items
- Coliseum Wonder grants a free Arena to all cities instead of a (+2) Happiness
- Temple of Zeus Wonder grants (+1) Happiness instead of a Free Shrine
- Silk Road Wonder gives (+10) Production instead of a free Embassy
- Slingers are now a 5 attack/defend instead of a 10.
- An increase in cost to Warriors and Spearmen.
- 50% less of a jump on wages when you move the sliders. It will make it harder to catch the AI in science using the sliders - I want to make this game as tough as I can... BTW, You can also play on an easier level too.

If you are one who feels that the pace of this Mod is too slow, simply go into the ...Scenarios\cradle of civilization 1.05\scen0000\default\gamedata folder. There is a folder called 'cheap advances'. Switch out the Advances.txt file in that folder with the existing one. All Advances are (-33%) in cost.

I am also looking at incorporating some SLIC coding in future updates - my goal though was first to get a good Mod with minimal SLIC involved.
Old April 11, 2001, 08:47   #2
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 04:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
A small note...

If you downloaded the pictures file in the last couple of days, you will need to redownload the file, as the zipped file was corrupted.

Sorry about that.