Old April 22, 2001, 16:11   #1
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 06:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Repeated music in CTP2
Whenever I play CTP2, I keep listening to the same music track, repeatedly. I tried to look for some help on the forums, but to no avail. I would like to know if it is possible to change the track that is played, since the buttons on the "music" menu seem not to work (Auto Repeat and Random Order).
I read somewhere on this forum that during the actual gameplay you could choose the track that would be played. Is it possible? At least it would help me from disabling the music, which is not bad at all.
Thanks.
Old April 22, 2001, 23:24   #2
Alex
Emperor

So, no answers... 'Tis a sad situation. When my wife saw that no one had replied in this thread, she immediately said: "Well, it turns out that this civ thing of yours is not as serious as you usually say it is, hmm? Nobody seems as interested as you are... leave that computer right now and come here to do the dishes!".
So, please, could someone help me to sustain my addiction to civ? (At least so that I don't have to do the dishes...)
Thanks. And sorry my bad English.
Old April 23, 2001, 04:05   #3
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 10:26
NO, anything but dishes !!

Try looking into default/gamedata/playlist.txt, it shoul look like this :
Code:
NUM_SONGS	16
SONG_LIST	
Meaning it will play every song twice, before looping. If your file is the same as the one above, then I don't know what is wrong (I disabled music when I installed, and now can't put it back on again ).

Ben
Old April 23, 2001, 19:04   #4
Alex
Emperor

Thanks for the hint. I checked my "playlist.txt" file, and it was identic to the lines you posted. I will try to contact Activision support, but I'm almost sure it will be in vain...
Old April 24, 2001, 05:07   #5
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 11:26
I think the problem is that the music screen is not available from your game, because in the game the music entry in the option screen is missing. The music screen is only available before you start any new game or load a save game. The music screen is available from the sp start window. You will find there some options like repeat mode random mode or music on off.

This is an example of an not finished game. To release not finished games is OK, but it is not OK to refuse the final patch that make the game complete.

-Martin
Old April 24, 2001, 14:53   #6
Gazablanca
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:26
You can change the music in the game..........I had the same problem with repeating tracks before I found by accident that you can just press the escape key and a menu will pop up which includes the Music menu that was left out from the Options menu in the game.And yes,you can choose the music track you want to play......hope this helps.
Old April 24, 2001, 16:19   #7
Alex
Emperor

Thank you, Gazablanca, for that tip! It really works! Is this feature documented in the manual? Well, maybe I just could not find it... Anyway, time to get back to the romans and their heroic struggle to defeat the nasty americans...
Old April 25, 2001, 03:28   #8
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 11:26
The hotkeys - that's it. I am shure that all CTP1 hotkeys will work if they are in the userkeymap.txt implemented. Look in this thread and you will find all the variables for the userkeymap.txt:
http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum44/HTML/000506.html?4

-Martin