Old April 17, 2001, 18:57   #1
azize
Settler

Local Time: 09:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
crash
Ok heres the deal I installed CTP2 on my win2k computer with 256 megs ram a amd k62 400 processor and a 64 meg ato radon video card

after isntall when i try to start the game the monitor blinks out as if changin resolutions to start the game and then flickers back

or some times it blinks out when startign the game and never comes back any ideas?
Old April 26, 2001, 11:01   #2
Shadedmelee
Settler

Local Time: 09:26
A suggestion:
go and get an intel processor!
Old April 26, 2001, 16:11   #3
Fuzzball
Prince

Local Time: 19:26
Alot of people have had problems with multiplayer/online gaming with ctp2 lately. Activision had problems with it too, because of the number of complaints, hehe. But they actually did something about it. There's a new patch out. Check Activision ok dude. I think the problem you mention is one of the listed "bug fixes" in the new patch. Intel smintel....I run ctp2 on k6 433mhz with no probs at all. So don't go for the intel spam man. And if the updated patch doesn't fix the prob, let me know. I was reading about the text to edit to change screen resolution without opening the actual game just last night. If only I could remember ....Sorry, I've read a zillion things since, and it's kinda lost in my fuzzy brain. But if the patch doesn't fix it I can chase it up for ya.