Old April 25, 2001, 11:09   #1
faded glory
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 09:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
big Mplayer problem found !
I found out that most CTP2 TGA imgs are much bigger than the space allocated to them. Many actually , will rip the page when you move them. I find this to be prevalant later in the game. When somtimes heads get stuck and bodys continue to move. On single player, they will simply rejoin back up. On mplayer, it resyncs. This is why when somtimes you move a unit, it will resync then you will find the unit has already moved when you come out of the resync. This happens ALOT during combat. The graphics rip the page and somtimes create a bug "Invalid Page fault" or "Cannot identify 'TGAxxxx.xx'". But most of the time single player can adapt without the game crashing. However, mplayer lacks the skills and as a result other CPUs cant identify the warped unit! So they get thrown into dozens of perilous resyncs. Try to attack a city and see what I mean. Chances are, it will resync. And then when the resync is complete. You have either taken the town or have no more units there.

'specific' details on what im talking about will be tommorrow ASAP , such as TGA values, so i can try to make a point.

[This message has been edited by Saddam (edited April 25, 2001).]
Old April 26, 2001, 16:17   #2
Fuzzball
Prince

Local Time: 19:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Which patch are you runnin man? Not havin' any probs here.