Old April 30, 2001, 09:31   #1
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 12:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Wonders list
Does anyone know if there's a handy list of all Wonders in CtP 2, with their costs and benefits, like the one that can be found in Apolyton's CtP section for CtP I. This is better than looking in the Great Library, and my hopes are someone combined such a list.

------------------
Solver the "Running Beer" - http://www.aok.20m.com
Old April 30, 2001, 13:10   #2
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 10:27
quote:

Originally posted by hexagonian on 04-30-2001 12:48 PM
The second issue relates to the Wonder units (also SLIC related) which has not been seriously playtested, as it has just been added for 1.06.

You know they work

Old May 1, 2001, 00:39   #3
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Isn't it on the back of the advances poster?
Old May 1, 2001, 00:48   #4
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 04:27
Look in your file folder for a file called wonder.txt. It will provide the info you need, and allow you to make your alts there.

...and if you are looking for a more challenging game, I would humbly recommend my Cradle mod (version 1.06), played on

Impossible/Large or Gigantic Map/Raging Hordes for your settings.

Download at http://www.mydocsonline.com
login hexagonia
password hextapul

All items you need for this mod will be in a folder called Cradle 1.06. I believe that you will only need the following files

1_06 texts.ZIP
pictures.ZIP
sprites.ZIP

Though to be sure, you can download the two smaller picture files, and unzip those files first after unzipping the .txt files, then unzip the large picture file and overwrite any files from those two smaller ones.

I would also recommend taking a close look at the readme file, as it explains what is happening in the Mod. Installation instructions are in the 1.03 section of the readme, as well as at the beginning of the readme.

(I plan on updating the readme on the next version - most, if not all of the pertinant game info and stats are in the Greal Library though - there is a pdf file of the tech tree and units at my site - Cradle 1.06 uses the expensive unit setup.)

Though still in the beta stage, it will (I believe) give you a good game.

Some things to note though...

There are militia units within this mod. Currently, they will be disbanded at a random time within the game. This is due to a problem within the SLIC format, which has not been able to be fixed. Wouter - aka Locutus - along with Chris Whitaker are working on the problem, as this SLIC coding is also part of the MedMod.

However, the main use of that SLIC coding for my Mod is for the AI, to help against the Barbarians in the early game, and the code seems to carry the AI through that period with no problem.

The second issue relates to the Wonder units (also SLIC related) which has not been seriously playtested, as it has just been added for 1.06.

And there are a host of small gameplay issues that are designed to take away many of the advantages that the human player could exploit in the regular game, such as

- Less flexability with the global sliders (greater happiness penalties when you push your workers too hard)
- Stiffer happiness penalties, including the use of pollution as a unhappiness penalty
- No healing for units out in the field and a very slow heal rate for units within a city
- base unhappiness at 75 instead of 73, meaning you have less manuverability in the happiness issue too

...plus more that I cannot recall at the moment

This makes for a more challenging game - and that is what everyone seems to be crying for.

I leave with this final comment...

CTP, although flawed in its normal setup, is a very modifiable game. I am open to suggestions as to how to make this a better Mod, and am looking for people who will be willing to give this mod a shot with that in mind.
Old May 1, 2001, 06:41   #5
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 12:27
Hexagonian,
if it wasn't modifiable, it would be nothing but a little **** on a CD.

------------------
Solver the "Running Beer" - http://www.aok.20m.com
Old May 1, 2001, 13:45   #6
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

LOL Solver, its funny cos its true. Activision screwed up this one right royally.
Old May 6, 2001, 16:41   #7
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:27
quote:

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat on 04-30-2001 01:10 PM
You know they work

Actually, I seem to have had some problems with them in my games Haven't looked at the source yet though, may have been something else...
[This message has been edited by Locutus (edited May 06, 2001).]
Old May 7, 2001, 16:10   #8
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Yeah, that was a late addition actually Locutus, just the unhappiness I hope?
I need a way of breaking out of a loop once the right unit is found.

(I think) My code looks through the units (for loop), and causes unhappiness if the unit is not the wonder-unit. I need to make it only cause unhappiness if all the units aren't wonder units. This will also be very useful in the king/assasin script for Cradle.

Any clues ? (One day I'll stop asking. One day...)

Ben