Old May 9, 2001, 16:56   #1
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 11:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Savegame bug of patch 1.1
I would like to know if someone else have this kind of bug after installing patch 1.1 or 1.11. After reloading a game saved by the patched version I get an extra turn. I can move my units or let them bombard for a second time. I get extra production and extra gold and extra PW and the ai lost a turn, that is a kind of cheating and I thougt I was playing with polluton, but there is no pollution in the game.

Now I tried some things: I created a non patched game on an random generated map from a scenario folder using diplomod, parts of fixmod and citymod2. (Just to test citymod2) After the first saveing I imported the save game to a patched version of the game. With a coppy of the scenario folder from the non patched version. I did that, because as I remember the extra turn bug didn't appeared in the game that I started without the patch after patching the game the pollution was on.

Now I played the game I got every second or third term a global warming popup warning even at the beginning of a game but I thougt without the savegame bug. (I changed the line Pollution=No to Pollution=Yes in the userprofile.txt and protected the file against overwriting.) Everything was fine for one or two hours. Than I got a crash as I tryed to reload. At the next day I tried to reload that savegame again but it crashed again. I tried previous files that I allready loaded and they crashed too. As I found an early file that worked something strange happend to it the graphics of my cities were different: Instead of using the the new Egyptian sprites that I made for citymod2 I saw the sprites for the CTP1 underwater cities. I don't know how the game was able to find these graphics they aren't installed, but digged in one of the subdirectories I made for playing with the gamefiles and the sprites.

That is very strange extra turn savegame bug and corrupted savegame files.

Second trial: I made a map for the scenario folder created by an unpatched game but with content of my scenario folder. It is the same map that was random generated before and also a good map, because there are big continets and polar areas and no cold tile at the equator. Now I coppied the map to the scenario folder of the patched game and coppied also the save game to the correct folder of the patched game. Now again playing at first I think there was no extra turn bug but the global warming warning was again there. (in an early game where shouldn't be much pollution) But it was only a question of time as I hear the building complete message as I reloaded the game. So far as I know wasn't the userprofile.txt not protected against overwriting.

So far I will go on with my test of citymod2 with or without the bug and diplomod that is the reason why I want to play it whith the patch. I think that the AI is stronger than the unmodded. It send an slaver to one of my cities and it raid one of my pops succesfully and I am alone on that continent.

Now I am interesting in if someone else has this problem and how he deals with it or only some people has this problem I also found a treat were it allready mentioned but nothing more:
http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum35/HTML/000715-2.html

I could ignore it and minimize realoading if it wouldn't switch off pollution.

-Martin
[This message has been edited by Martin Gühmann (edited May 09, 2001).]
Old May 11, 2001, 01:35   #2
WesW
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 03:27
I got the global warming messages when I altered the line in the userprofile.txt:
maxplayers=0.

Setting this to any other number set off the messages.

As far as the extra turn, it is a bug when you try and use the scenario structure for your mod. If you use modswapper to put your mod in the default folders, you will not have this bug.
Old May 11, 2001, 10:19   #3
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 11:27
I altered this line in userprofile.txt to:
MaxPlayers=20.

But I can't recall when I done it I noticed that I gotn't any pollution message for many turns.

I played long enough to see that pollution is on therefore I can play it to the end and I can get to know something about my pollution modifgications.

Thanks for your help about the extra turn. I remember that my last game before the patch was an standart game without any mods or selfmade maps and there was no bug. But another question will the bug appear if you just use a map without any moddified files in the scenario file structure.

By the way I decited to make CityMod2 for modswapper. But I will also explain how it can be installed without modswapper.

-Martin