Old May 13, 2001, 23:23   #1
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 19:27
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Diplomod V3.5 and other mods
Now that the Med Pack II is reaching its final, and the scripts I wrote for the pack have reached complete stability, I've decided to finish up my CTP2 involvement by releasing the final versions of the mods in Med Pack II. I've done this so that any players out there can download each script seperatly for their enjoyment in the default CTP2 setup, or to include in their own mods. Make sure that you have CTP2 patch installed or you may get errors running these mods. I have emailed the following scripts to Markos so they can be uploaded to the files DB for download:

Airunit V1.1 - Forces the AI to move its aircraft to a landing site when they begin the turn not on a landing site. Fixes AI bug where it loses aircraft due to lack of fuel.

Capturecity V1.1 - Randomly destroys buildings when a city is either captured or nuked. This is to bring the game into line with how CivII destroyed buildings. However my script is random in its selection of building, not by a list as in CivII.

Withdraw V1.3 - Updated to include all the changes that went into withdraw for the Med Pack II.

Diplomod V3.5 - Updated to include all the changes that went into Diplomacy for Med Pack II.

Hope everyone enjoys these mods. I've found they make the game more enjoyable for myself. Thanks and good luck with the game. See you in CivIII!

------------------
Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."
Old May 14, 2001, 00:34   #2
XMon
Warlord

Local Time: 04:27
Thanks Dale. I've been using some of your earlier versions and will have to d/l these. Real good practical scripts. But are you sure you want to completely give up on CTP2? You SLIC guys are a rare commodity and are a real resource (I know...to you programmers SLIC may seem simple but to us non-programmers it may as well be ancient Sumerian). I've got bunches of SLIC requests/ideas, most of which I think would be pretty simple. For example: When civ "x" discovers advance "y" then disband all units of type "z" in civ "x." Simple? Maybe, but I can't write the script! I want to make it so that for example, when cannon making is discovered by the Persians, all their archers disappear (they get to keep the catapults until they discover the advance for artillery). I think there are several (relatively) simple scripts that could really help this game's playability. Hang around a bit and share your wisdom.

We've gotta do something to kill the time until Civ III.
Old May 14, 2001, 01:11   #3
faded glory
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 09:27
Anyway thanks dale. how are you going to make your apolyton exit? Riding into the mysterouis sunset Or just leaving us with a thread of technical notes?
Old May 14, 2001, 02:36   #4
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 19:27
quote:

Originally posted by Saddam on 05-14-2001 01:11 AM
Anyway thanks dale. how are you going to make your apolyton exit? Riding into the mysterouis sunset Or just leaving us with a thread of technical notes?

Hmmm....... what suggestions are there for a glorious and unforgettable exit from CTP2????

------------------
Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."
Old May 15, 2001, 03:15   #5
MarkG

recieved

if i dont post them by the weekend send me a huge complaint letter