Old May 17, 2001, 19:58   #31
bj
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
You forgot to attach the file in the email. Doh!

IIRC Ottawa was the city with Ramayana. If so, it will fall to the Irish under my reign.
Old May 17, 2001, 23:32   #32
Levelisk
Warlord

Oops. I guess the real reason for King Levelisk's death is now know Must've been some guy from Glaslough sick of having his town refered to as Glasgough
Old May 18, 2001, 19:25   #33
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

DP
[This message has been edited by Darkknight (edited May 18, 2001).]
Old May 18, 2001, 19:35   #34
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

I realised I'd forgotten just as I was about ot go to sleep last night doh! I'm mailing it now, sorry for the delay I've taken ages.

Shane

------------------
" Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few "
Old May 18, 2001, 21:59   #35
bj
Chieftain

crap, now i cant even get half the file without my pop3 connection timing out - i'll keep trying.

EDIT: Finally got it after many many hours. All I got to say is About bloody time. :\
[This message has been edited by bj (edited May 19, 2001).]
Old May 19, 2001, 00:19   #36
Skeeve
Prince

Local Time: 05:28
That last summary was indeed hilarious!
Especially the part about building two wonders by mistake!!

------------------
My reach exceeds my grasp!
Old May 19, 2001, 07:16   #37
rooboy
Chieftain

Local Time: 19:28
Easy tiger!
Old May 20, 2001, 03:14   #38
bj
Chieftain

300AD - BJ comtemplates changing research from Printing Press to Banking but realises that the rapid printing of the Bible (gutenberg's) could be used to cheer up citizens under harsh rationing laws. Rations are restricted immediately and production in Athens is changed to an Arena to eradicate any grumbling citizens. Stored PW are put to use on a new road in the occupied French territory and farms in the homeland.

On becoming leader, BJ gains access to new maps for the first time, and learns Ottawa, the barbarian occupied city with the Ramayana, is too far away to even consider capture. Instead, the French look weakened and therefore a good primary target. A french catapult is mowed down near Tours.

The French capital, Paris, is discovered just south of Toulouse. Our forces start gathering nearby.

320AD - Medicinal herbs are sent from Strasbourg to Allenwood. Forces continue gathering near Paris. Cavalry are sent into production in a few cities.

340AD - Reinforcements sent from the homeland during Darkknight's reign arrive in full ready for combat.

360AD - Disbandment of obsolete coracles begins in favour of the more capable Carracks. Rations are increased to combat a sudden increase in unhappiness in as many as 6 cities.

380AD - Word spreads that BJ sent a lone Fire Trireme into the firing line to gather information about enemy forces. People throughout the land claim this loss of life was uncalled for - the more vocal trouble makers are rounded up and silenced. The information gained proved well worth the loss - Paris is defended poorly for a capital.

400AD - The first army consisting of bombardeers and defensive units is sent to the border limits of Paris, with the flanking/attacking army right behind it. Paris will soon be ours!

420AD - Printing press is discovered and Gutenberg's is started in Dublin. The Irish scholars plee to BJ to order the research of a new material dubbed Concrete, claiming its benefits would greatly advantage the nation. Unlike the previous Irish leaders, BJ agrees.

440AD - 2 more units are lost from French fire. The second force moves up and attacks, taking their capital with the loss of one Samurai. Coffee is sent from Limerick to Glaslough. A pikeman sets off in a carrack to hopefully find riches in the ruins of North.

460AD - Concrete is discovered, and the bragging scholars discover from foreigners that a material with the same properties is already in wide use in other nations. Ridiculed, BJ orders the research of a new type of bombarding unit, the cannon, as a warning to others not to mock the Irish. Consequently, the tourists are tracked down and disposed of, and new scientific advisors are appointed. Refreshed troops leave Paris for battle in Tours on the nearby peninsula.

480AD - Blarney builds a cavalry and starts work on a new great wonder, the Forbidden City. BJ likes not the rewards of the Forbidden city but continues the trend of construction of all wonders by the Irish.

500AD - The combining of new troops from the homeland and existing forces raised by Darknight has created a formidable double army of 22 units. The French are given the option of surrendering the awesomely defended Rennes in exchange for the temporary existance of Tours. They reject.

520AD - Tours is surrounded. Bombardment of our troops is expected, hopefully the great size of the army will help us prevail.

540AD - The weak French suggest a peace treaty. BJ demands control of Rennes and they foolishly deny. One unit is lost in the catapult fire. Return fire destroys two catapults. Allenwood's population falls after a barbarian attack. No units were lost.

560AD - Bombardment of Tours kills 3 more units. A number of cavalry units have now been built in the homeland.

580AD - Tours is taken without loss. 2 French cities remain - unfortunately Rennes is not only well protected inside (estimated 8 units - checked a few turns ago) but defended against the Spanish to the North by an 11 strong army. If we take Rennes the likely counter attack would result in huge losses. BJ feels he wont live to see the next battle out, and suggests to his successor to go off track and take on the Northern army first.

600AD - BJ is advised on his death bed that cannons have been succesfully tested and are ready for production. Researchers start on developing the interesting economic concept of banking. The catapults move into Tours for repair. BJ passes away and the people mourn.

Summary: Gutenberg's bible and the Forbidden city are both 7 turns from completion. 2 French cities fell, 2 remain.

[This message has been edited by bj (edited May 20, 2001).]
Old May 20, 2001, 07:57   #39
rooboy
Chieftain

600 AD - Rooboy II, a young soldier well known for his heriocs on the frontline against the French, takes the reigns of the Irish Empire in the elections following BJ's death. Having a grand vision of expanding the Irish Empire further, he orders the training of settler units to settle the island located between the Irish homeland and the new territory (formerly France). Also, he knows capturing the Ramanaya would endour the Irish people to him. Subsequently Rooboy II orders two Carracks laiden with Cavalry, knights and catapult units to capture the two barbarian cities of Ottawa and Montreal. The maps also reveal the land up north to be very fertile.

620 AD - Optics are discovered by pikemen exploring an island near Mayan territory. Galway builds bazaar.

640-680 AD - A few barbarian units are slain by well trained irish units.

700 AD - Banking discovered. Rooboy II decides chemistry will be the next advance to research. Waterford and Donegal Town produce settlers.

720 AD - Pikemen discover chemistry in ruins. Rooboy II relises that Democracy will be required to maintain the expanded Irish empire, therefore begins research on Age of Reason. Mayan city of Etzna discovered. New carrack commissioned in Cork. Limmerick begins work on an aqueduct to improve growth.

740 AD - A great year for the Irish, with the completion of Gutenberg's Bible and the Forbidden City. Dublin, Blarney, Sparta and Athens all begin begin work on aqueducts. The French army consisting of 11 units is no match for the mighty Irish, reports from the frontline reveal no losses at all.

760 AD - Killnick founded on the island west of Cork. French catapults bombard our military force outside of Rennes, a valiant Pikeman is lost.

780 AD - Having sailed around the world, our naval units receive a +1 movement bonus for the next 25 turns.

800 AD - These pikemen have now discovered Facism. Portmarnock founded east of Waterford. Nigerians declare war on Mayans.

810 AD - Newbridge founded west of Killnick. Glaslough accidently builds settler. Age of Reason is discovered, rendering the Appian Way useless. Research on Nationalism is begun.

820 AD - Dublin, Limerick and Athens have finsihed work on aqueducts. Pikemen ambushed by 3 barbarian pikemen.

830 AD - Irish capture Ottawa, and the Ramanaya. Blarney finishes aqueduct, and begins work on Galileo's Telescope. A band of nomads north of Montreal are discovered by a cavalry unit, and so in awe of us, decide to join our mighty empire.

840 AD - Montreal falls to Irish.

850 AD - Wicklow founded north of Montreal, besides a field of tobacco. Donegal Town accidently builds another settler unit. Rooboy II, after a heavy night on the sauce, goes surfing on the coast west of Newbridge one morning, but no one ever sees him again. He is belived drowned, but who knows. The afternoon of that day, Irish forces capture Rennes. No casulties are reported. Democracy will be required as the Irish Empire now stretches over 23 cities.

Old May 20, 2001, 16:33   #40
Levelisk
Warlord

850 A.D.
The Irish people elect Levelisk II, a distant descendant of King Levelisk I, to head the Irish Empire. Critics blame the outcome on a corrupt government that can't keep track of votes, Levelisk says he won fairly.

Seeing the sad state of the people (literally), Levelisk rush buys theatres in the northern cities of Ottawa and Montreal with the huge treasury that seems to have accumulated. Also, he decides that Dublin will build Galileo's Telescope and Blarney will instead build the Emancipation Proclamation in hopes that Galileo's Telescope will be completed sooner.

Looking over more southern Irish cities, it is noted that 2 cities, Sparta and Strasburg, are very inefficient in operations further from city control, so all workers in that ring are assigned to be trained as scientists. To further the scientific cause, Toulouse and Tours are ordered to quickly produce a diplomat to establish embassies in foreign nation to know how advanced foreign "nations" are and to possibly trade for advances we don't have (if there are any). Finally, following in the tradition of his long-dead ancestor King Levelisk, he orders all Carracks to explore the seas unless they are currently transporting personnel.

Dunshaughlin is founded and quickly constructs a theatre to quell the already unhappy population. Also, a mine is ordered built in Levelisk's hometown of Limerick.

The last French city, Rouen, is scouted to reveal 3 Pikemen, 4 Mounted Archers, and 2 Archers. Military experts quickly decide that our size-12 army of Knights and Catapults can take the city, and they are ordered there.

Back on the mainland, another mine is ordered to Limerick and rations are increased throughout the nation to help stop the riots that are breaking out left and right.

The secrets of making nationistic people out of our citizens is discovered, and socialogists are told to find a way to make the Irish Empire more united in their cause. This is deemed Democracy.

Elsewhere, Rouen is taken with only 1 causualty, and the French are now destroyed. Expeditions to the North Pole found the most unusual thing, a city that pledged its allegience to our cause. The city is quickly disbanded in an effort to bring its inhabitants to a more hospitable location. Also, Medicinal Herbs are sent from Rennes to Allenwood to bring in an extra 146 gold.

The town of Glencullen is founded in the desert east of Glaslough. All public funds are quickly diverted to turn the deserts into more productive plains.

More riots have broken loose throughout Ireland, but this time Levelisk ignores their demands, only telling his top sociologists to step up the work on Democracy. Also, outdated Phalanxs and Archers are being disbanded in favor of the newly produced Infantry divisions in Athens.

The Mayan border has now been completed scouted. Furthermore, the infrastructure of the mainland is receiving attention again, with all cities without mills ordered to build some.

The people of the North Pole have landed on the fertile plains east of Montreal, but the Pikeman garrison won't allow them to settle quite yet. He is afraid that the government will not be able to provide for the happiness of the citizens. Instead, he says that he will show them hunting and gathering techniques in the new plains environment.

The Nigerians have developed a distaste to our military, as we are caught scouting out the interior of their territory. In response, Rouen is ordered to commence training of Cannon Brigades.

The secrets to a working Democracy are discovered, and Levelisk throws the Irish Empire into an Anarchy. With this news, the Pikemen with the North Pole inhabitants tells them they can build their town now. The head of the Pikeman garrison decides to take advantage of the current anarchy and names the town after his mother's mom, naming the town Tallaght.

As a result of the current anarchy, half of the Irish Empire celebrates! If it wasn't for incredibly slow scientific development that occurs during such times, Levelisk would make it Empire police never to employ a true government. Also, exploration teams have found a group of settlers on a small isle north of the Mayan territory, and they have been sent to the larger island just northeast of the location. An embassy is also built in the Nigerian city of Enugu, showing us that the Nigerians match our technology except that they lack the knowledge of Reasoning and Democracy, as well as Nationalism.

A democratic state is brought to the Irish Empire, and Levelisk decrees that he will remain leader until order can be brought to the government. He says that the first elections will be delayed another 10 years. Taking advantage of his position, he retracts his kindness and orders wages and rations to be cut, and the workday to be increased.

Horrible news! The Nigerian city of Benin has completed Galileo's Telescope. Levelisk's quick military thinking brought about plans to quickly seize Benin, and he wins the first democratic elections.

The town of Arklow is also founded north of the Mayan borders. Military strategists rejoice knowing that it will be much easier to stage a multi-front war against the Mayans, when the time comes (it is pertinent, all reports tell us that the Mayans absolutely despise us).

Keeping his promise, the town of Enugu is captured, opening the way to Benin (there is a road connecting the two, which will enable quicker movement than the nearby hills and swamps). The success's only casualty was yet another knight.

On the other end of the diplomatic spectrum, an embassy is established in Barcelona, Spain. Our diplomats quickly acquire the knowledge of Naval Tactics for our insights into spreading Nationalism, while also establishing a Trade Pact and a Research Pact. Scientists hope that the latter will spur an exponential growth between our two nations, which will quickly put us millenia ahead of our enemies technologically.

The scientific field of Physics is found, and we decide that we desire a more thorough knowledge of Economics, thus decided to research Economics from a scientific standpoint. In the same year, linguists have discovered the art of Modern Metallurgy in some ruins north of Ottawa. The technologically prowess of these dead peoples have caused cultists to rise in Newbridge, thinking that these ancients are really the remains of the gods' time on Earth. This spurs many riots in Newbridge. Our government quickly decides to take actions against these, ordering the town to build a theatre and play mushy 'chick flics' to keep peoples' minds of the supernatural.

The dawn of the 2nd Millenium, as well as the lack of results in the Irish-Nigerian War in the past 20 years, turns the results of the elections against Levelisk. His position as president is quickly ended, and a "pure" Irish man, a descendent of Shamus McRobinson, takes the reins.

Old May 20, 2001, 22:51   #41
jackazzstudent
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:28
Sorry so short guys, got a lot to do

1000AD
Shamus McRobinson takes the helm as the leader of the Irish by winning the hearts of the people in free elections. He begins his road to fame by moving troops toward the city of Benin.

1020AD
The nigerians were nice enough to kill our diplomat. I think I'll conquer some cities in retaliation. A new army of 5 cats, 6 knights and one cav heads for Benin.

1030AD Industrial Revolution will be researched (I forgot what was discovered see above post.) A settler has blocked our advance on Benin, but has been destroyed for annoying the hell outta me

1040AD
Benin is conquered and the Telescope is ours! We only loss one knight in the attack on a well defended city. Dublin begins the London Exchange since our economy needs some improvement.

1060AD
We discover industrial revolution, begin work on explosives so we can build artillery. A new, smaller army is sent west of Benin to conquer Ibadan.

1070AD
We take Ibadan from six units with no loses, we eye Oyo next, in the north, to conquer. (runon!) We started construcion on ports around Benin to maximize the benefit of the telescope.

1080AD We discover explosives and begin work on railroad

1090AD
We bombard Oyo in preparation for our assault

1100AD
Oyo counter-bombards us, resulting in the devastating loss of 3 divisions.

1020AD We withdraw a little from Oyo to wait for reenforcements and to gather our strength back. Near Begin, 2 enemy units were destroyed. We also discover railway and begin electricity. A major east-west railway is started to help move our troops to the front.

1030AD New troops join those outside Oyo

1050AD Before dieing from kidney stones, Shamus McRobinson learns that electricity has been discovered and work on Oil Refining begins.

Overall I did ok, sorry to let you down Anyways in the other cities, I started work on improvements for money and academics. We have very few bazaars and academies etc. On our main continent, machine gunners and artie is being built to aid in our conquering of the nigerians. I would suggest the next player (me_irate) spend time ensuring our cities are defended well enough.

Sorry so lame, gotta go!

Adam
Old May 21, 2001, 22:46   #42
me_irate
Warlord

Local Time: 04:28
1150 In the year 1050 following Shamus's death. A man came forward claiming to be the great leader "bob". with this he was quickly elected to power. His first act he completed a survey of his empire. He also discovered that cyo was well defended with a great multitude of catipults.

1160 knowing that the very well defended city of Cyo must be dealt with first he begins to order the army to amass near cyo. he also orders several artilary rushbuyed.

1170-1190 more artilary is ammased near Cyo, Oil refining discovered, Internal combustion undertaken. We also ask for techs from spain, but they request 22,000 gold which is more than our treasury has.

1200 our great army of many artillary and cannons bombards, killing several men.

1210 they bombard us, but only 4 catapults are damaged, we remove these units and combine our machine gunners, cavaly and knights with artilary and cannons. We launch our attack killing a vast army including some evil demon thing. we lost no units.

( i dont know what it was but it had a cloak covering entire body including face, a huge staff and stayed way in back. does anyone know what this is? if anyone wants to see it tell me email, and ill send you save.)

1220 we undertake a new public works project to build ports to enhance our science. this great undertaking has used up our pw supply.

1230 a cavarly unit kills a barb in killneck, a settler is built nearby to expand our empire further.

1250 Makudi, and Agoja both captured without loss. it apears that Cyo was their only well defended city.

1260 discovered mass prod. we request from our friends spain communism and they give. we then ask for pharmasuticals, mass media and advanced naval tactics and they give them all. we undertake aerodynamics. The Nigerian city of Zaria is also conquered.

1270 nigeria's final city conquered, recieve aerodynamics from spain, begin corp. (we need corp republic because we are at the limit that our gov can handle without unhappyness increasing.)

1290 recieve corp from spanish, redirect toward tanks.

in the year 1300, a masked man aproaches from the crowd. and stabs bob in the back. the great leader has fallen dead. but after his death a dental examination reveals that this was not the true bob, but an imposter. a great sigh of relief comes over the nation, with the knowledge that the true bob remains out there, somewhere.

our military is amassed in the former nigerian lands. it is a peninsula across a bay from our possible next target the mayans. they dislike us, and war seems unavoidable. so i am building a fleet of transports to carry our men to this new land. we have many machine gunners, artilary and cavalry. the water is the best way to attack, because the land route goes threw many swamps and jungle squares which would take a very long time (most likely a persons whole turn) anyway the spanish give all their techs to us......so we are far more advanced than the green anyway. also the indonisians are nearly conquered by the mayans.
Old May 22, 2001, 08:36   #43
Levelisk
Warlord

The cloaked 'demon' thing you saw was a Cleric, in case you were wondering
Old May 22, 2001, 12:08   #44
me_irate
Warlord

thanks, a cleric? how did that get there? is someone playing a modded game? i dont recall ever seeing one of them b4.
Old May 22, 2001, 16:13   #45
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

I LOVE the new forums it's easy to add an image great! Some of you have civ2 units how'd you do that??

I got the file and will download it and play I'll be back by 2moro.God you're flying 4 people in three days
Old May 22, 2001, 20:26   #46
bj
Chieftain

clerics can only be built by a theocracy.
Old May 24, 2001, 00:30   #47
me_irate
Warlord

oh i guess i just never noticed them before. thanks for clearing that up, i thought something had posessed my pc
Old May 24, 2001, 21:23   #48
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

1300AD: After hearing of the impersonation of Bob Darkknight the Flipenteenth decided to take control of the situation. The imposter was buried face down in some pig swill on yonder farm.

Deciding that his predecessors military strategy was a tad on the insane side (obviously ) Darkknight disbanded all old units and began the task of upgrading to newer units such as machine-gunners. Also as "THE IMPOSTER!!!" 's cultural policy seemed to be " as long as I'm happy ye can all go... " (at this point in the history books there appears to be a hole) Darkknight increased rations to prevent riots.

The Mayans got a bit peevish when I tried to conquer one of their cities and they declared war on us.

1305AD:Tank warfare discovered! In the first test of ACME's newest prototype Darkknight's cat was run over causing severe hearnia.

1310AD:Our first army has landed in Mayan territory!

1315AD:Our diplomat near Jakarta was slaughtered by the Mayans.
The Indonisians have requested that we break all agreements with the indonisians.

1320AD:London Exchange built!
Spain exchanged Criminal code and Jet propulsion for Tank Warfare.

1325AD:Foundations for a mighty rail network have been layed throughout the nation. Sea bouys have been planted near the water.

1330AD:RIOTS!! Rations have been risen once more.
JUINA CAPTURED!!! Our 12 strong army suffered 3 casualties against a size 12 defending army.

1335AD: Our 11 army stack near Tikel has suffered 5 casualties due to bombardment by two 12 stack Mayan armies. Corp. Republic discovered!

1340AD:Units are again lost to the Mayans.

1345ADarkknight suffers a slight allergy to cats. Doctor advises removal of his 27 - 1 cats.

1350AD:After some soppy goodbyes and coughs and sneezes Darkknight personnally drives over his personal cats in his personal tank. Later in life he writes a poem about that moment entitled "Squish".

1355ADarkknight sulks as once more he must be elected to rule The WORLD!!!.... Corporate Republic our new governement is.

1360AD:Mayans offer a cease-fire in light of our current situation Darkknight agreed.

1365AD:Naval Aviation, Vertical Flight Aircraft and Modern Medicine have all been swapped for the Corp. rep. with the Spanish.

1370AD: Started the Zero-Crime bill. Darkknight has started to suffer from grief as certain passages of his poem return to haunt him.

1375ADish:Mayans swapped 2100 gold for electricity. BTW yer man died of grief.
Old May 24, 2001, 22:15   #49
bj
Chieftain

got the file

hey arknight, hope you didnt break off relations with the Indonesians just coz the Indonesians said so. Maybe I can entice the Indonesians into a militray pact to attack the Indonesians because of their unreasonable demands.
Old May 25, 2001, 15:14   #50
jackazzstudent
Chieftain

Yea, what is it with the AI demanding you break ties with them? Is this bug addressed in any of the patches/mods?

Adam
Old May 25, 2001, 15:40   #51
Skeeve
Prince

Local Time: 05:28
LOL Darknight!

I really felt for those poor 27 cats!
Old May 25, 2001, 22:18   #52
bj
Chieftain

1375AD - On becoming the third member of my family to lead the Irish, I have decided to name myself BJ the Third in respect of my descendants that ruled so greatly before me (hehe). I am proud to see the Irish are in control of all 12 great wonders. The empire is extremely happy with my election except for Sparta and Strasbourg that were seemingly starved during the previous reign - most probably for lack of land for resource generation between cities - but I feel the surrounding cities are not yet large enough to require starvation. Food production in these cities is set at a level just adequate for the population, remaining production efforts are kept with scientific advancement. Not being one for excessive celebration, workdays are increased, wages and rations are decreased, all to the maximum. Some pointless production plans were put aside in smaller cities. Conversion of plains into Grasslands and hills around Dublin begins to improve growth and production. Rumours of a Mayan settlement on our homeland anger me. And so begins the reign of BJ III...

1380AD - I am upset with the lack of city protection. Rouen nearly fell to barbarians, and many cities, including our great capital, are defenseless. I demanded funds from the Mayans to help in the production of unit defense, but they refused. War is declared and the weenie city of Tenampua is taken. The production possibilities are minimal and there are no city improvements, so I ordered Tenampua to be disbanded.

1385AD - I've changed many production queues not due for completion for many years, including the removal of the Zero Crime Bill from Dublin. I feel resources are better spent building improvements to increase happiness and production and starting the bigger projects later. There is no immediate threat that we will be beaten in the race to build any wonders.

Bombarding of Tikal begans. I've promised that by 1425AD every city will have at least one unit protecting it to deter our stupid enemies from even attempting a capture.

1390AD - The computer is discovered and we receive a scientific boost! Unfortunately our doctors now have to deal with a new condition - computer rage, caused by crashes and bugs when playing Call to Power 2.

Advanced mines and farms are built on the recently changed terrain around Dublin. I've ordered similar changes to Blarney. My advisors tell me 7 units have now been destroyed in the Mayan city of Tikal. Take that you fascist pigs! Their 12 strong army on the outer skirts East of the city poses a threat, but we'll destroy them too! Bwahahahahaha.

1395AD - Global Economics is learnt from the Spanish in exchange for our Computers. We've captured the barbarian city of Comalcatco. We've also captured Tikal - not with our main army but a smaller force, allowing the artillery to break off and bombard the army from within the city. First efforts destroy 4 units but 10 in total remain.

1400AD - The remaining Mayan forces retreat. Pathetic! I decide to let them go due to harsh terrain that would hamper our attack. The borders of a new mayan city are spotted just North of the recently captured Comalcatco - protected by a lone musket it is destroyed by our tank. The Mayan settlement, Yajoa, is found on one of the Northern peninsulas of our continent. Our machine gunners land nearby. Disposing of these Mayan settlements is getting a repetitive task.

Food collection in Dublin has increased by about 80 units and production by about 45. I've started replacing old farms in favour of our Advanced farms along the river.

1405AD - Yajoa falls and is disbanded as the pathetic town it is - typical of the festering Mayans.

1410AD - In a magnificent flanking movement the Mayans are trapped by our railroad access and our artillery let loose. 8 out of 10 units are destroyed! Ouch!

1415AD - We've successfully crushed 9 more Mayan units in successing bombardment and offensive manouvres - only two units are left standing after a couple of our machine gunners are unfortuantely beaten.

1420AD - The Mayans land yet again on our small island in the North. I've sent in 2 units to get rid of the pests. Dublin's queue puts Zero Crime Bill at the top, but the prospect of Computer Centres in each city with the building of the Internet is too attractive. Limerick starts on Pencillin. Our artillery forces head over the hills towards Copan.

1425AD - Supersonic flight is discovered and is traded to the Spanish for Quantum Physics. The Spaniards still have two more sciences than us - only due to the science pact - without it they'd be nowhere. Their taking advantage is starting to upset the Irish people and my advisors are pressuring me...

Disgrace...the latest news print has been released: "BJ III is reported to have been seen smacking himself over the head. PW capacity had been at 70 percent - much higher than his usual production plans." No matter, I told myself, the PW collected to date had been put to great use. Now to take care of the men responsible for this print...

1430AD - I've responded to the pleas of my people and my advisors by requesting a military pact with the Spaniards. Secretly, this is to try and get them to slow their scientific progress by diverting resources to military. I've succeeded in getting them to attack the Mayans. The new Mayan settlement on the Northern island, Zaculeu, protected by a fascist, falls.

One city, Blackrock, remains unprotected and my opposers make the point clear that the deadline has past. Many Irish citizens declare BJ III a liar - I believe we have entered a new age of politics.

1435AD - I purchased Advanced Infantry Tactics off of the Spanish for the good price of 1000 gold. Because of our good terms, I sucked up to the them in order to gain Radar and Mass Transit. My patience has payed off. We begin working on Adv. Urban planning. Blarney begins work on the Zero Crime Bill.

1440AD - The citizens of Allenwood are unhappy with the lack of progress and growth in their city. A basilica brightened them up but I've decided their production capabilites are high enough to undertake a great task - a mammoth office building that scrapes the sky will be built (empire state). Bombarding of Copan begins, 2 cannons are destroyed. Our backup forces are far off, I just hope our bombardment is enough to drive them out. Huge amounts of PW are spent on Shopping malls and terrain transformation - we should expect a great increase in our Economy over the next few decades.

1445AD - We lose 2 artillery outside of Copan but destroy 3 units in return fire. Two troop ships have begun the journey towards Copan but they are very far away. The Mayan reinforcements keep coming but we should be able to take Copan without further losses once the rest of the cannons are destroyed.

1450AD - Another artillery is lost but reports indicate the amount of bombardment is equivalent to that of only one cannon unit. Reinforcements including a tank are not far away, Copan is as good as ours! Unfortunately I will not be accredited this victory, my time has come. Tensions have been building for years, especially now the opposition politicians are into muck raking, and I have been voted out. As a last action I met with the Spaniards and was able to acquire Advanced Urban Planning and Global Defense.

Limerick - Penicillin - 14 turns.
Dublin - Internet - 21 turns.
Blarney - Zero Crime Bill - 32 turns.
Allenwood - Empire State Building - 33 turns.

Of interest: Check out the military graph, we've snuck just ahead of the Mayans!

Old May 26, 2001, 00:14   #53
me_irate
Warlord

when it was my turn they just gave the techs to me. but i was using the magnimonous tone of voice i think (the top one whatever it is). while they are indeed getting a tech every couple of turns our current enemies are not. and once we go to war with spain, their science will stop and our mil will crush them.
Old May 26, 2001, 19:36   #54
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by bj
1375AD - Sparta and Strasbourg that were seemingly starved during the previous reign - most probably for lack of land for resource generation between cities -
[

hee hee hee my evil plan I was going to feed my cats to them.

EDIT: testing image.

Last edited by Darkknight; May 26, 2001 at 19:51.
Old May 26, 2001, 19:55   #55
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

MY PORTRAIT!! now I just got to get a geocities site to host my pics
Old May 26, 2001, 22:56   #56
rooboy
Chieftain

With the departure of BJ, a young irish politician, who likes a drink or a dozen, sweeps to power, promising lower taxes, and more money for public works. Being a politician, it was all a lie, and he continues to bleed the irish people dry, as his predecessors had. Roo W. Boy, believed to be a descendant of Rooboy, is unhappy with the production output of the irish, therefore orders cities nationwide to begin work on mills and factories. Science tax is reduced to 50%, as he knows the Spanish will oblige our every request. Limerick changes to Zero Crime Bill, Blarney changes to Internet, Paris begins work on Penicillin, Dublin begins work on anti-pollution measures.

1455 AD: Bombardment of Copan begins.

1465 AD: Copan, the Mayan capital falls. 2 irish units are lost in the conflict. Radar constructed to keep an eye on Mayan troop movements.

1470 AD: Cease-fire signed (for the time being). Mayans promise to stop piracy.

1475 AD: Limerick rush buys Zero Crime Bill. Output is dramitically increased with no wastage due to crime. Also, Roo W. Boy uses an old jedi trick he learnt back in college to persuade the Spanish into giving him the conservation advance. The northern city of Yogyakarta is disbanded, settler to look for more suitable site for city.

1480 AD: Embassy established in Mayan city of Leon. Intelligence indicates they are still researching Mass Production. Bloody facists!!

1485 AD: During a visit of Athens, Roo W. Boy is claimed to have rung up a massive bar tab on his account, before returning to his suite in the city's five-star hotel. Patrons in the pool area below had to run for their lives as tables and chairs came flying out of Roo W. Boy's seventh storey hotel window and into the pool. The suite was totally trashed.

1490 AD: Pollution disaster near Limerick. During a press conference, Roo W. Boy is rumored to have replied to a question with "Oh ****", before making a quick exit. Recycling plant production is begun.

1495 AD: Science rate is increased back to 80%. Bugger all else happens.

1500 AD: Roo W. Boy is in the headlines again for destroying a hotel room during his visit of Montreal.

1505 AD: Another Mayan city is captured and disbanded.

1510 AD: Blarney completes Internet. Roo W. Boy tries to explain this grand new wonder to the press, but once again makes a **** of himself.

1515 AD: Fifteen years after his famous visit of Montreal, three women, appear in court filing an injuction to have Roo W. Boy pay maintence for their sons. They claim he is their sons' father. Roo W. Boy, panics, destroying yet another hotel room, during a visit of Paris. Public opinion plummets, resulting in a heavy loss in the next election.

Summary:
*Mayan capital captured.
*Output has increased by 25%, paving the way for larger upgraded military. Aerial superiority will no doubt win the war.
*Penicillin is now 6 turns away.
*Empire State 15 turns.
*Hollywood and the Agency wonders not yet undertaken as they are pretty much useless at this stage of the game.
* All cities have had farmland etc. built around them.

Kill 'em all!!

Last edited by rooboy; May 26, 2001 at 23:17.
Old May 28, 2001, 12:15   #57
Levelisk
Warlord

Levelisk uses Roo W. Boy's troubles with women to help make him the top candidate, promising to bring a harsh, yet just, sentence . When he takes office, he changes the production of all Machine Gunners to Tanks, knowing the great value of flanking, and also addresses the inefficiency of cities that were once under the French or Nigerian banner (of course, this had to be announced differently. Nobody ever remembers that there were such peoples as the French and Nigerians ).

Levelisk uses his power as Commander-in-Chief to order military assault on the Mayan stronghold of Chichén. A army of 4 Artillery brigades, 5 divisions of Machine Gunners, and 3 divisions of Tanks goes faced the heavy opposition of a 12-strong army. Unfortunately, all of our Machine Gunners were lost. But, Chichén was captured, and the Mayan territory is now divided into two areas.

The city of Macroom is founded east of Jakarta. I wonder what this city may be used for if we can't get an alliance with the Indonesians...

Large numbers of Mayan subs are seen off our coasts. Thus, cities near the Mayan continent are ordered to produce PT cruisers to stop the pillaging.

We take the knowledge of Fuel Cells and Nuclear Power off the hands of the Spanish, for free . Levelisk contemplates starting production on an arsenal of Nuclear Weaponry, but decides against it. The Mayan city of Yaxchilan is bombarded, killing Mayan artillery, cannons, and machine gunners (one of each). Also, Parisian researchers have found a very potent bacteria, dubbed Penicillin, which will stop many illnesses before they can cause harm. Statisticians are seeing a population boom in the near future...

We have found the secrets of Advanced Composites, and now are looking into automated machinery (Robotics).

On the battlefield, Yaxchilan is captured, with the loss of our last 2 Machine Gunners on the Mayan continent (that aren't garrisons in our cities). Also, our first PT cruiser is produced, and kills a Mayan sub just north of Yaxchilan.

The Mayan city of Uaxactun is taken by 3 tanks, without casualties. Even though they faced superior numbers, they came our without harm. Now the public is quite, seeing why production was switched to Tanks 35 years ago.

The Mayan city of Unmal is taken, and Levelisk's advisors warn that our government will not be able to efficiently support any more cities. Levelisk decides that he will raise food rations to compensate for unhappiness that will result in the near future, seeing as Penicillin is making our cities grow quite well anyway.

The Mayans are found to be under the leadership of a very stupid person, as they built a town, Lubaantun, near one of our tanks on the island north of their mainland, only to have it immediately destroyed. The shear stupidity causes many critics to call the Mayan leader dumber than a computer, thus his IQ level is referred to as "AI" to stop any ill feelings . Also, the Mayan city of Palenque is taken, leaving but 2 island cities on what once was West Maya.

The year is marked by the failing of Levelisk, who leaves office on January 7 of that year for losing the elections. Upon leaving office, political cartoons shoot up across the nation depicting Levelisk's chief advisor, the one who warned him of government inefficiency if we take more cities, saying a simple phrase: "I told you so"
Old May 28, 2001, 12:32   #58
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 10:28
LOL
why isn't the first succession game this funny?

Roo W. Boy Thats okay then, Ireland should be protected by a national defense system... What do you mean it failed? Surely not?

hee hee
Old May 28, 2001, 16:39   #59
jackazzstudent
Chieftain

1565 During a very odd election, Shamus McRobinson comes to lead the Irish. It seems that there was a tie in the popular vote, but instead of whining too much Shamus took it easy and eventually won the presidency. To celebrate our tanks captured the Mayan city of Toltec.

1570 Shamus' competition in the election orders a recount of every poll that he won in, hoping the error percentage will favor him slightly.

1575 The recount came back and it indeed turns out that Shamus won the election. To celebrate the Irish conquer the Mayan city of Etzna.

1580 Shamus' competitor again orders a recount, hoping that a recount of the recount will prove him victorious. He loses again and the Irish celebrate by conquering the Mayan city of Kabah.

1585 A complete recount of ALLLLLL the votes occurs and Shamus is again proclaimed the winner, and again celebrates by conquering Bali, a Mayan city. Robotics are also discovered and work begins on Genetics.

1590 Well, nothing really happened in the election, but we still conquered Malany to celebrate.

1595 Shamus' competitor in the election takes a job out of the public eye, since most saw him as a sniveling prepschool poor loser anyway, so Shamus celebrates by conquering the Mayan city of Tonina.

1600 Shamus, invincible, after passing a multitude of legislation, celebrates by conquering the Mayan cit of Xpuhil.

1605 The Mayans offer 1500 gold for a cease file, hahahahaha

1610 To celebrate the end of his first term in office, Shamus conquers the Mayan city of Pusilin (or something like that). To celebrate, his competitor in the previous election runs again and wins hands down for some reason. Shamus demans a recount . . .

Well, didn't do much but conquer here
Old May 28, 2001, 17:33   #60
jackazzstudent
Chieftain

I only played 10 turns in my last game, I'm not sure how many I was suppose to play.

Adam