Old May 8, 2001, 07:45   #91
Skeeve
Prince

Local Time: 05:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Vivala, you have the right to play for 20 turns if you wish to make up for the 5 turns unplayed by Adam.

(You could make this interesting in the transcript by invoking some political coup to explain how you took power).
Old May 8, 2001, 09:41   #92
rooboy
Chieftain

Local Time: 19:28
Any room for another player? This concept seems rather interesting.

Give us a buzz, arb77@optushome.com.au

Cheers.
Old May 8, 2001, 13:40   #93
jackazzstudent
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:28
Skeeve,

Sorry I hadn't realized this before, but the email address I use is AdamBRobinson@yahoo.com. Sorry if this has caused any problems, damned Norton2000 email antivirus software is a bit** to fix!

Thanks again,

Adam Robinson
Old May 8, 2001, 14:43   #94
redstar1
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Prince

Local Time: 10:28
I vote we be Irish for the next game Well Northern Irish but theres only so far we can take things....

Dave
Old May 8, 2001, 23:25   #95
VivalaCTP2
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:28
Hey Rooboy what are you doing in melb, ie what are you, a student, bum, profession ....?

I'm at melb uni .... just wondering Aabout a fellow melbournian .......
Old May 9, 2001, 00:27   #96
Skeeve
Prince

Welcome aboard Rooboy! I've added you to the list of players waiting for the next game.

Here is a current update of new players as of 5/8/2001:
  • 1) tedwright@email.msn.com
  • 2) Mokael - Mokael@aol.com
  • 3) TR|X - mikemcgowan@btinternet.com
  • 4) Redstar1 - david.archibald@btinternet.com
  • 5) David Murray - david@windygates.com
  • 6) Vilius - ctp@vilius.com
  • 7) Jackazzstudent - AdamBRobinson@yahoo.com
  • 8) me_irate - me_irate@hotmail.com
  • 9) Darkknight - Gondhi_dm@hotmail.com.
  • 10) bj - blakjack@planetquake.com
  • 11) rooboy - arb77@optushome.com.au

Good news for me, by the way: I've finished my final exam paper!!!

Look for a new thread on this board by 5/9 (a little later for you Aussies - sorry, is Aussie pejorative? ), which will detail things to vote on for next game.

- Skeeve
Edit: Fixed Jackazzstudent's e-mail address.
------------------
My reach exceeds my grasp!
[This message has been edited by Skeeve (edited May 08, 2001).]
Old May 9, 2001, 04:24   #97
VivalaCTP2
Chieftain

As Aebbeka dies of a "splitting headache" prematurely, VivalaCTP2 once again ascends the presidentship of our mighty nation.

Two events mark the reign as significant:

Complete and utter anhiliation of the Germans.

The discovery and consequential initiation of a democratic government.

the next few players need to note this:

I have established good relationships with the Irish because i checked out the science stats and they lead the way. At the moment we can't get an embassy because they have the forbidden city, but in 3 goes we discover railroad which obsoletes it. then we must get a research pact with them (they love us now because of certain donations ...) this will get our discoveries alot quicker. I have noted in the past that at the start (say first 15 goes or so) every time you ask for an advance they counter with huge amounts of money. after this initial period they then give you all the advances you request for free, so be patient don't waste money and make sure some one gets that pact!!! (I've invested gold in it ....).

May Prime Minister VivalaCTP2 be remembered for his mighty military leadership ..

BTW whoever built all those ships was out of control, they are a waste and production should be going into city improvements. I disbanded about 5 longships but we still have a few carracks to do any military transportation. We now have 23 cities.

[This message has been edited by VivalaCTP2 (edited May 09, 2001).]
Old May 9, 2001, 04:26   #98
VivalaCTP2
Chieftain

1000AD - 1200AD above
[This message has been edited by VivalaCTP2 (edited May 09, 2001).]
Old May 9, 2001, 04:34   #99
VivalaCTP2
Chieftain

1000AD - 1200AD

As Aebbeka dies of a "splitting headache" prematurely, VivalaCTP2 once again ascends the presidentship of our mighty nation.

Two events mark the reign as significant:

Complete and utter anhiliation of the Germans.

The discovery and consequential initiation of a democratic government.

the next few players need to note this:

I have established good relationships with the Irish because i checked out the science stats and they lead the way. At the moment we can't get an embassy because they have the forbidden city, but in 3 goes we discover railroad which obsoletes it. then we must get a research pact with them (they love us now because of certain donations ...) this will get our discoveries alot quicker. I have noted in the past that at the start (say first 15 goes or so) every time you ask for an advance they counter with huge amounts of money. after this initial period they then give you all the advances you request for free, so be patient don't waste money and make sure some one gets that pact!!! (I've invested gold in it ....).

May Prime Minister VivalaCTP2 be remembered for his mighty military leadership ..

BTW whoever built all those ships was out of control, they are a waste and production should be going into city improvements. I disbanded about 5 longships but we still have a few carracks to do any military transportation. We now have 23 cities.

Old May 9, 2001, 05:40   #100
Sean
Prince

Vivala,

I think your posting is out of control

I believe Wombat was the navy culprit...He didn't say he produced that many...did he?

Sean.

Oh, yeah, btw, No more Germans? Excellent.

Well done everybody.
[This message has been edited by Sean (edited May 09, 2001).]
Old May 9, 2001, 06:47   #101
Skeeve
Prince

Heh heh,
I think it's kind of funny that we had an eccentric leader along the way who loved ships! Anyway, disbanding what someone else created is totally your perogative. You can do anything you want in your 15 turns. Well, I wouldn't advise giving away all our cities.. but I bet we could still recover from that considering how dumb the AI is.

------------------
Old May 9, 2001, 09:36   #102
rooboy
Chieftain

Re your question, VivalaCTP2, I'm a sales rep.
What r u studying at melb uni?

I also vote we play as the Irish!!

[This message has been edited by rooboy (edited May 09, 2001).]
Old May 9, 2001, 15:10   #103
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

quote:

Originally posted by Sean on 05-09-2001 05:40 AM
I believe Wombat was the navy culprit...He didn't say he produced that many...did he?

That would be me

The longships were mostly not mine though, only a couple that got built accidentally in the southern sea and are no longer needed, but hey, how else was I going to get Baltimore? The northern fleet I will not apologise for. I take responsibility for 4 SOTL, 2 Carracks, and a longship that I moved south to help transfer troops, but did not build.

Humph. I'm going to build a great navy as Wombat III as well, so we better have Battleships by then

Ben
Old May 9, 2001, 16:27   #104
berXpert
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power MultiplayerC4WDG Delian League
King

Local Time: 04:28
By the way the things are going I think you (an me) wont be able to play other turn, it'll finish before
Old May 9, 2001, 22:12   #105
VivalaCTP2
Chieftain

I'm studying comm/sci, rooboy, want to change to com /law next year, I'm currently in 2nd year.

Yeah, sorry everyone about the multi posting, my computer (or server) or this site or something kept crashing so I wanted to make sure my post went up .....

Yeah, the carracks were good for me to take over the German continent but you only need two at the most, its not like theres gonna be alot of opposition and production can be used elsewhere, did everyone take note of my diplomacy tactics? (I gave 2000 in gold to the Irish to make them like us so someone better get that research pact) ....
Old May 10, 2001, 01:24   #106
janilxx
Warlord

Local Time: 11:28
quote:

Originally posted by VivalaCTP2 on 05-09-2001 04:34 AM
then we must get a research pact with them

I just wanted to inform you that research pact is buggy!!! See Diplomod texts in MedPack zips!

Jani
Old May 10, 2001, 08:01   #107
Skeeve
Prince

I'm afraid he's right.
I read somewhere that the research pact causes the AI partner to receive 1 new technology every 1-2 turns. Meanwhile, the human player gets squat.

However... We could still try it. If we can get the AI to give away or sell technology, we could keep pace ourselves. The only problem is that we will be creating a monster to fight against in the end-game.

Ah, what the heck. Like I said in the newbies thread..., it's up to each individual ruler to decide what's best for our Civ.

- Skeeve

Edit: Wow this thread is now at 106 posts! I wonder if that's a record for the CTP2 forum.
------------------
[This message has been edited by Skeeve (edited May 10, 2001).]
Old May 10, 2001, 22:48   #108
Rhuarc
BtS Tri-League
Prince

This is the account of Apolyton XVIII also know and Rhuarc II.

1200-1270

1205 As ruler of the greeks I decide to build more military units to try and raise our standings militarily.

1210 We have built a wonder of the world! Athens has completed the East India Company! Our sea units and trade routes can now be more bbeneficial than ever!

1215 The Irish have declared war on our fair land for no reason! After very tedious negotiations, I your mighty leader have wrought from the fire a cease-fire with the treacherous Irish!

1220 Our scientists have discovered a new advance! Railroads may now begin to crisscross our mighty land. The teachers of the land now begin researching the Industrial Revolution to further our military campaign. A settler is rush bought in the city of Bremen to further the walls of our empire.

1225 The Native American threat near Athens has been removed! The people cheer at the sound of the defeated cries from their enemies!Washington D.C. begins work on the Emancipation Act while our naval fleet begins scouting out the Native American waters.

1235 Our diplomats find an embassy in the Irish city of Perth. We have discovered the Industrial Revolution!! Our wise men begin researching the art of Explosives to aid us domestically and in battles abroad!

1245 We recieve a request from the English to withdraw our troops from their terrtory. We agree, but only for the moment!

1250 One of our cannons commences on a suicide mission to discover the approximate strength of the English. Unfortunately for cour cannon, resistance is quite strong!

1255 A decade of peace settles over our fair country.

2165 Our scientists ave discovered Explosives! We immediately begin work on Physics in an attempt to leap ahead even father in this technological race. Our settler founds Rhodes, just east of Argos. Work on the roads between te two cities is begun.

1270 We discover Physics, and begin work on the ever important idea of Electricity. After a long and powerful reign, Rhuarc resigns to Berxpert before the masses become restless for change.

------------------
DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
Old May 10, 2001, 23:41   #109
Dale
Emperor

So much for the Irish and the research pact eh?

BTW, it's great to read this thread and see how the game progesses.

------------------
Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."
Old May 11, 2001, 00:47   #110
VivalaCTP2
Chieftain

the research pact strategy works, I played this game through to the end after receiving the first file and built the gaia controller in 1920 A.D. Lets see if you can beat that fending for yourselves..... As I said, even if the AI does get lots of technologies quickly from the pact, after a few turn you don't even need to buy them off that player, they will give you the technologies when you ask so you can keep pace with the AI and thrash the crap out of every other AI player because of military superiority. Your partner in peace won't attack you and so finally when they've given you the majority of the techs, or you get bored of liking them, its easy to kill of any AI player. My record using this strategy has been building gaia on impossible in about 1860 A.D

I don;t think its buggy at all ....
Old May 11, 2001, 00:49   #111
VivalaCTP2
Chieftain

the research pact strategy works, I played this game through to the end after receiving the first file and built the gaia controller in 1920 A.D. Lets see if you can beat that fending for yourselves..... As I said, even if the AI does get lots of technologies quickly from the pact, after a few turn you don't even need to buy them off that player, they will give you the technologies when you ask so you can keep pace with the AI and thrash the crap out of every other AI player because of military superiority. Your partner in peace won't attack you and so finally when they've given you the majority of the techs, or you get bored of liking them, its easy to kill of any AI player. My record using this strategy has been building gaia on impossible in about 1860 A.D

I don;t think its buggy at all ....
Old May 11, 2001, 15:12   #112
Skeeve
Prince

Well, Berxpert, I trust your wisdom in ruling our great empire... if I had to give a suggestion I'd say; Rule with justice, peace and strength...but if all else fails, build up the military and kick some royal IRISH A**!!!

How dare they declare war on us when we were merely trying to peacefully combine our intelligence in science for mutual benefit!

------------------
Old May 12, 2001, 00:08   #113
berXpert
King

I'm in charge now, but will play this nigth.

As a canidate to the presidence of the Greek in the ending's of the XIII century I wish to recopilate what the people would like to see in my government, please post any suggestion, maybe some could be take in count. The reception of works end this nigth at 22:00 this site time, after that is only me and my PC
Old May 12, 2001, 03:33   #114
berXpert
King

This is the biography of the president BerXpert II who enter into the capital of the Irish with only a cannion and to infantry and capture it, when he get back to Athens he carry on his hand the Galileo Telescope!

Apolyton XX a.k.a. BerXpert II

1275 After a democratic election, BerXpert win by 98% of the votes. His move into economics first, after the electricity. The last city of the Scots seen at the distance.

1285 Scotish distroyed !!! haahhaahhaaaaha

1290 Economics discovered, next advance electricity. Emancipation Act changed for London Exchange at Washington.

1305 A naval battle vs North Americans (we win)

1310 After building 15 caravans, trade rute between Troy and Alenwood give 170 extra gold.

1315 London Exchange finished. Electricity discovered, next Oil refinering

1320 All the navy meet at the coast of Athens. Maybe is earlier to start a fight but what the hell! LET'S CRUSH THEM ajua!

1325 War declared to Irish, Perth captured! (1 man down)

1330 Stirling captured! (1 man down)

1335 Oilrefinering discovered, mass producction on the way (I wanted to discover flight but I can't reach it ) Need reforces, some cannions must be built to attack Edinburg.

1340 Attacking at the opposite side of the battle, a surprise command with 1 cannion and 2 infantry capture DUBLIN (the Irish capital) and with that the Galileo Telescope, science bum expected in the next years.

1345Glasgow captured! (1 down)

1350 A sad year for the great Greek empire, BerXpert II the bloodlust die in an air crash accident, testing a new vehicle for the war. Extraordinary elections were set to get a new president.

---
BTW I think that the 3 cavalery in Glasgow can defeat the 3 catapults outside the city really easy.

Old May 12, 2001, 04:34   #115
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Well played BerXpert. We're going to win so fast at this rate
Old May 13, 2001, 21:06   #116
Skeeve
Prince

Hi guys! Sean is having trouble accessing the site from New Zealand, but he's played his turn and sent me the transcript so I can post it here.
This also means it's my turn! Wow that was fast.

Anyway, here's his transcript:

A CHRONICLE OF THE REIGN OF APOLYTON XXI

1350 Sean III elected Apolyton 21, President of all Greece. He is elected on a platform of solving the conflicts we find ourselves in (war with everybody :-/) A skirmish is won around Glasgo.
1355 Rail Started between Athens ans Sparta---Our first major route.
1360 Mass Production discovered. Feat of Wonder!!! Production ability increases for 15 turns. Sean III is praised by all (Though it was the last adminidtrations achievement really....) All efforts at achieving cease-fires are rejected .
1365 Sean III and his generals diappear for lengthy periods to the "war-room" (ie nothing happened).
1370 Irish troops march Towards Glasgow!!!! The people are concerned!! Cease-fire signed with Native Americans.
1375 Railway system started at the front, to better move troops against the Irish. Skirmish one near Glasgow, the Battle for the city begins.
1380 Skirmish lossed near Glasgow, but the battle of Glasgow has turned our way!!!! The people rejoyce. Internal combustion discoverd. Donegal captured!!! We have opened up a western front, so we may now crush the irish on two fronts!!
1385 Retreating Irish forces defeated outside Endinburugh, thus ending the Battle of Glasgow. Athens begans on a new project called the Emancipation Act. It seems Sean III has been convinced of the existence of basic human rights (liberty).
1390 Riot put down in Washington DC.
1395 Skirmish won through bombardment outside Endinburugh, thus starting another Battle.
1400 Greek's discover Pharmeaceuticals. Endinburgh falls to the never retreating Greek army. Another victory on the eastern front.
1405 Blarney conquered on the Western front. Troops order to hold tight, as large Irish force is believed to be near the Western front. Skirmishs are won and lost around the continent.
1410 Riot put down in Dublin. Skirmish victory outside Rhodes. Irish troops behinds our lines alarms the local population.
1415 Sean III rights a "History of Greek Speaking Peoples" (yeah, nothing happened).
1420 Mass media discovered. Penicillian project started in Washington DC. Sean III believes that it could have great benefits for all Greek people. Railways are still being built to the front(s).
1425 Sean III retires, much to the shock of the Greek people. But Sean III expresses much confidence in his deputy, Skeeve. Skeeve is thus elected to the oggice of Apolyton. Sean spends his deserved retirement writing more histories, of Himself and the Greek people.

Sean.

Apolyt-Gree-1425AD
Old May 14, 2001, 19:09   #117
Skeeve
Prince

A CHRONICLE OF THE PRESIDENCY OF SKEEVE THE 3RD, APOLYTON XXII
  • 1425AD Sean's Deputy, Skeeve, wins the heart of the people of Greece by saving the lives of a dozen men in his infantry unit in the ongoing Greco-Irish war. His landslide wartime election catapults him to the hotseat of the largest empire in the world. A survey of the empire conducted by Skeeve reveals that after we build or conquer 2 more cities, our ability to govern will be hindered rendering unhappiness or worse, riots. Our own capital city, Athens, even now is an unhappy place, so Skeeve immediately diverts funds to pay for arts and entertainment. Soon Athens blossoms with talented entertainers. Skeeve also orders several dormant naval units to commence exercises for review. Any vessel that is proven obsolete shall be decommissioned. A dangerous army is spotted, in
    the meantime, near the recently acquired city of Blarney. Blarney rush-builds an Artillery unit - the first in the world!
  • 1430AD A troop ship recently built loads up with 5 regiments of cannons on route to an assault on the Irish city of Sligo. Skeeve creates many jobs by stepping up the infra-structure rate to 30%. Citizens in Dublin and Athens voice their first major concern about a growing pollution problem. Their concern falls on deaf ears... for now.
  • 1435AD A Carrack unit fails its review and is decommissioned, and sold to a museum. It becomes the subject of great stories and tourist visits. Meanwhile the first 5 regiments have landed on the coast near Sligo.
  • 1440AD Another 5 armies land near Sligo. In the meantime, a 2-front strategy against the Irish city of Waterfront is pursued. However, the Irish mount a dangerous defense to the north, preventing us from attacking from there. Skeeve's popularity poll drops a tad, but not much.
  • 1445AD Excellent news! Two Greek Scientist Brothers launch the first powered aircraft... the age of aerodynamics is born! We immediately begin research on Criminal Code. Then, our 12-unit army positions itself right outside of Sligo. A direct assault is ruled out in favor of a cannon bombardment. The bombardment destroys an Irish cannon, and we grit our teeth waiting for the return fire.
  • 1450AD Sligo does not return fire! We bombard them again, and discover that the Irish have abandoned Sligo! After an easy occupation, we suspect a trap, but none is forthcoming. In the same year, an 8-unit assault is prepared against Waterford.
  • 1455AD Oh no!! 2 of our cannon units got too close to the city of Glaslough, and we destroyed by bombardment. The commander is relieved of duty, and court-martialed for alleged treason against the Nation of Greece. Also this year, Waterford bombards our 8-unit army and destroys a cannon unit. However, our return fire is devastatingly effective - we crush an infantry division, and a cannon regiment.
    Meanwhile, 2 Carracks are disbanded and the scrap is used to build an Artillery unit,the 2nd in the World.
  • 1460AD Waterford does not return fire! We mercilessly pound them with cannonballs again. However - mysteriously, the citizens have abandoned Waterford, just like Sligo! Fearing a trap, we send an infantry unit in. They find no resistance, so we take it!

At this point, the Greek nation is composed of 35 cities. Fearing a loss of gov't control, Skeeve, offers a cease-fire to the Irish, and they accept, thereby effectively ending this time of conquest.

An offer to the English, however, is met with rejection. However, since the English pose no immediate threat, Skeeve lowers military readiness to "Alert" status. Public works coffers are pretty full, so Skeeve backs the rate down to 20%.
  • 1465AD Skeeve repels rumors that his administration sold arms and technology to the English.
  • 1470AD Fearing sneak attacks by the English, Skeeve places several listening posts and sonar buoys near the borders of the empire.
  • 1475AD The Greek nation solidifys its position as a worldwide economic power by accomplishing a Feat of Wonder!! For building many Brokerages, we shall ready +10 gold every 5 years for the next 100 years! Meanwhile, we discover Criminal Code and begin research on the Corporation.
  • 1480AD Boston begins a great project: The Zero Crime Bill.
  • 1485AD A Peaceful time - Even the English accept a Cease-Fire. We are no longer at War!! The newspapers proclaim a single-word headline:
    PEACE!
    Skeeve promptly lowers military readiness to "peace" status.
  • 1490AD Another peaceful decade, no conflict, people all over Greece are happy or at least content. Dublin is our biggest city at 270,000.
  • 1495AD Our nation discovers the concept of the Corporation! Wise old President Skeeve realizes that peace never lasts, so he begins research on the terrible art of Tank Warfare.
  • 1500AD As Skeeve's life ebbs away, he proclaims one final act - and it becomes a Wonder of the World: The Emancipation Act! Finally, the world is free of the tyranny of slavery! Historians revel in this final act of Apolyton XXII.
    Before dying, Skeeve endorses a new candidate for Prez: It's the War-Hero Phoenixcager!!
At the end of Skeeve's rule, the English have an ever so slightly better military. The Greeks are the supreme economic power on the planet - who would remain so even when combining all the world's economys!
Greek Science and learning is the best in the world.
Our Population is a staggering 5.833 Million!

Note: We are at 1500AD now. I think that means we are down to 10 turns each.
Wow! We've come a long way since my last turn!

- Skeeve

------------------
Old May 15, 2001, 14:49   #118
OctaviusIII
Settler

Indeed, we have come a long way. We are also nearing the end of unbelievably long lifetimes, which could be a good thing. Perhaps we should have a group-think to bee-line for one of the 60-cities governments to continue our conquest? Oh well it's up to whatever administration is in power at the time. Good luck phoenixcager, I look forward to my turn!
Old May 15, 2001, 22:13   #119
VivalaCTP2
Chieftain

I reckon we should alter the text files so that later governments can cope with say 200 cities then our expansion wouldn't be limited. You only have to alter one line in text files, or else we will have to stop our conquests for fear of unhappines and riots ..

Any suggestions/comments?
Old May 16, 2001, 10:33   #120
berXpert
King

Start disbanding those small cities captured