Old June 14, 2000, 15:47   #1
amjayee
Prince

Local Time: 11:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The new documentation site and map prototype available!
I was hoping I could make the first draft of the design document more complete, but I have been busy with my job. Today, I'm off to a business trip for two days, and on weekend I'm going to my cousin's wedding. So, I decided to upload what I have ready. You can find the documentation site at http://www.kolumbus.fi/amjayee/openciv3.

I divided the game to ten sections. I think they are quite appropriate. I list here shortly the section names: geography, population, culture, religion, government, military, diplomacy, economy, construction, development. Those are described better on the site. Later, I will make a zip file containing the whole site in html format, to browse off-line.

Check out the site and send comments about the game sections or other things, give comments, and, most importantly, make a list of the most important improvements for every section you would like to see in the game. I'm trying to find out, what are the essential wishes of the people. Of course we will add as many ideas as possible, but those key ideas would serve as a foundation for the game system. Civ2 and SMAC can be used as a starting point. Send all those mainly to this thread, or directly to me via email.

Another thing, and hopefully also a more fun thing, is the first map prototype I finished earlier this week. It features the basic drawing system I intend to use, and you can also make your own maps! You can get the program from address http://www.kolumbus.fi/amjayee/openciv3/map_prototype_0_1.zip. See the readme file in the zip for more information. The zip includes also the source code, but that has nothing to do with the official game code - it contains only the code necessary to test the map drawing.

Send all bug reports, suggestions, etc. either here or directly via email to amjayee@kolumbus.fi.
[This message has been edited by amjayee (edited June 14, 2000).]
Old June 16, 2000, 13:40   #2
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

FreeWorld = Mundus Liber
Old June 16, 2000, 13:41   #3
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

FreeWorld = Mundus Liber
Liber Mundus sounds better, don't you think?