Old November 25, 2000, 15:53   #1
Tootool22
Settler

Local Time: 09:41
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Please help me out, i need to add a government
I started adding a government just the other day and I followed the steps some one gave me on these fourms but now Im having a problem, whenever I go to start the game it kicks out and displays a message box that says somethin like this:

Warning 880: MilitaryCoef missing

When I go to check to make sure that this line is still there in govern.txt i find that it is still there, why isnt it recognizing this?! And it does this for every line thats in the new government! What can I do please help

If I get this to work I will post a new advance&government on these fourms
Old November 25, 2000, 18:45   #2
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 10:41
Did you perhaps use spaces in any of the names in your govern.txt? CTP doesn't like that. Use underscores instead. If that doesn't fix your problem maybe you could email your govern.txt to paulvdb@home.nl and I'll see if I can find what's wrong with it.
Old November 26, 2000, 17:05   #3
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:41
Tootool22,

You're the guy that emailed me, right? I apologize for not replying, I've been having a lot of problems with both my computer and my internet connection lately. With a lot of detours I can now be online and receive email but not send it yet, so I'll reply to it here instead of through email.

I tried adding a government myself and had no problems, so you must have made a mistake somewhere. In your email you described a few other errors as well which make me suspect you made a typo somewhere. The most likely would be that you wrote a '-' instead of a '_' somewhere or maybe overlooked a { or whatever. Send me and/or Paul your files if you can't figure it out yourself and we'll probably find the problem soon enough.

Gotta go, fix my computer