Old November 28, 2000, 10:01   #1
Colonel Kraken
PtWDG Legoland
Warlord

Local Time: 04:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Scenario Creation --problems with saved games
I created a scenario and placed the entire "default" and "english" folders from the gamedata folder into it. I know I don't need all of the files therein, but I wanted everything available that I may or may not need for any future modifications I make.

Anyway, the only modifications I've made so far are changing values in the "Units.txt", "tileimp.txt", and "terrain.txt" files. Simple stuff, and it worked beautifully.

Unfortunately, after saving a game and coming back to it later, CTP2 will no longer load the scenario files for the game. It loads the default files!

Does anyone know what may be causing that?
Old December 1, 2000, 10:06   #2
Colonel Kraken
PtWDG Legoland
Warlord

Local Time: 04:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Well, I solved the problem myself.

I had created the scenario folders myself in Windows because I couldn't quite figure out how to do it in the scenario editor. (Before, all I was getting was the main scenario folder being created with the packlist.txt).

From another post on the site, I figured out how to create a full new scenario director. In addition to the files I had created, it added a slic file. Now my saved scenario games work properly.

Launch the scenario editor. Click on Save Scenario. Fill in the appropriate information. If you don't know what blanks are used for what, type "Test 1", "Test 2", etc. so you realize what each file name/title is for. You can always change the names later or create a new scenario with the names you want.

Anyway, after filling in the blanks click OK. Now you will see your scenario listed. Click (once) on your scenario then click the NEW button. Again, fill in the blanks. Click OK or SAVE --I can't remember which. (But make sure you save your work)

Exit the game and add all the files to the scenario directory (you've created) that you want to modify. For example, I modified the Units.txt, tileimp.txt, and terrain.txt. (I copied and pasted these files into the gamedata folder, then modified them.) Now when you play a game, you can select your scenario. All your saved games will now use your modified files instead of the default files.

I hope this helps someone.