Old December 2, 2000, 23:42   #1
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

Local Time: 09:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
AI Attack files

There is a txt. file Strategy.txt or something.I heard there is a line (AIAttack or something) if you move it further up the file or change the no. . there should be a AIDefense line or something change the Attack line to the same no. position in file.

I just heard this i don't even have the game so i can't check it out.if someone sends me the strategy.txt file I'd look over it see what i can do (if you're too engrossed in the game to bother, I don't have it for 7 more days.

Don't flame me if i'm wrong.

------------------
" mind over body "
Old December 3, 2000, 10:05   #2
marc420
Warlord

Local Time: 09:42
Just a thought on AI Attacks that I wanted to throw out.

To some extent, having an AI that doesn't attack as much may be considered an improvement over earlier AI's in civ-type games.

In the past, I've defeated civilizations that were more powerful than myself by using a "rope-a-dope" strategy. That is I would set up a strong defensive position, then let the AI send wave after wave of attackers at me.

Often, with a combination of defense and counter-attack, I was able to inflict very heavy losses over a long stretch of time upon a powerful AI civilization. This was a resource drain on the powerful civ, and thus over time I was able to catch up or pull ahead of the civ, and eventually go over to the attack myself against this civ.

So, if the AI in CTP2 is not going to spend hundreds of years producing units and throwing them against my strong defensive line, then this might be considered an improvement in the AI's intelligence.

Or at least its possible that this sort of change in behaviour is what Activision was aiming at, and maybe they just missed the balance a bit by making the AI too cautious in attacking.
Old December 3, 2000, 11:40   #3
MarkG

marc, it is certain from the strategies.txt file that the ai evaluates your stack(according to how many units of each kind you have) before attacking

i saw this "live": an ai stack of 5 units gets close to a city of mine. i dont have the time to rush build city walls and just leave it with the 4 units i have inside. the ai attacks and gets my city. i eeer reload a previous save and build one more unit. the ai stack turns around and heads to another city

Old December 4, 2000, 01:54   #4
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 04:42
People are complaining about a weak AI and then you go ahead and reset when you lose a battle to the computer!?

Oh well, I am sometimes guilty of that too.