Old December 9, 2000, 20:35   #1
lev
Warlord

Local Time: 09:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
MinMOD
I'm eagerly awaiting Wes's new mod, which should add all kinda nifty things to the game, but --

I'd also like to see a mod that takes a minimalist approach. CtP2 is quite good, and I think with just a few tweaks could be great. My main inspiration is CD's mod for CtP1.

The approach would be, don't fix it if it ain't broken.

So, given that, what would a minimalist Mod have to do to contain to enhance the game while not going too far afield?

Some things that occur to me, in no particular order:

[*]Fix the tech tree by adding a Medieval age and an Industrial age.[*]Make muskets (infantry) available later than cannon - considerably later.[*]Restore the lost legion![*]Add Fundamentalism for a modern religious government, and maybe (as someone else suggested in another thread) a futuristic religious government as well such as Theotopia.[*]Bring in Harlan's new city sprites.
    Any other suggestions or comments on the above? I'm sure I've missed a few things...
Old December 10, 2000, 00:29   #2
Slax
Prince

Local Time: 04:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
On a related note, I'd find it interesting to play a scenerio in which the game's play time is shortened as much as possible (by increasing unit speed, city production and science and eliminating some techs and wonders perhaps) without making a huge change to the game objectives.