Old December 3, 2000, 19:51   #1
Rebel Rick
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Citysize limit
Well,

i was looking into the files named citysize0-5. They contain exactly the same info. There are paragraphs for each citysize (0 to 5), and a city 6 that has the same info as city 5.

I smell a solution for the 60-pop limit in this files. I wonder if the last city (#6) can be changed to a max of 200, for example, so that a new level for cities exists (with the same radius).

That way, limit should rise to 200 (or whatever number we put in those files...)

Has somebody try it???

Let me know...
Old December 3, 2000, 21:27   #2
OmniGod
Civilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 04:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
If you found it.. why don't you try it...

You can crash as well as the rest of us

Omni
Old December 10, 2000, 15:39   #3
paleo_nut

Newbie alert! I've been lurking around for a long time, but only just decided to join in the group. These forums have certainly been a lot of help in the past, and I hope that I can make a contribution here and there...

Back to the topic... My biggest frustration with CTP2 has been the aribtrary 60-pop city size limit. I finally got my game to allow the cities to grow beyond 60 by making some changes in the citysize0.txt file. In the last two city entries I increased the value for the BaseMaxPop setting and then changed the MaxPopulation setting for the last city entry. Changing the workers category seems to decrease the city's productivity, so I stopped messing with that for the time being.
As of right now, the game will allow my cities to grow beyond 60, but the game sometimes seems to become unstable after that happens. I haven't tracked down the cause, and it could be related to some other changes that I've made to the files.

------------------
Evolution does not work in straight lines, but the minds of some scientists do.

-- George Gaylord Simpson