Old December 14, 2000, 20:27   #1
Darkknight
NationStates
Prince

Local Time: 09:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Changes in WesW's MedMod
The total list of changes in the MedModII are as follows:
-I gave all the AI types a max science percent of at least 70, public works percent to no more than 25, and a max
unit support cost of no more than 40.
-Most types did not have sea or air units specified in their unit queues. I have corrected this.
-I generally reduced the number of sea transport units built to about 3.
-I inserted Monarchy and Corp. Rep. into the scientists govt list.
-I raised the establish embassy goal for peaceful types, and raised the attack goal for military types.
-Raised the goody hut and explore goal for all types.
-Military types were set to be primarily defensive in their goals. I have changed this to make them more offensive.
"This modpack enhances the graphics for CTP. It also improves the civilizations in a
number of ways.
This modpack adds two city styles of Pyramid and Castle to the three existing land city styles of Roman, Arab and
Asian. In addition, it adds a style for completely new age, the Industrial Age for all five city styles. So there are a
total of 34 new graphics for cities.
This modpack also
1)adds twenty city names for each civ,
2)replaces the leader pictures for all civs with actual famous leader pics,
3)replaces 6 civs with new ones and adds three extra civs.
There are no longer both male and female names for each civ. Each civ usually only has a male name, but in some
instances it has only a female one and no male one. For instance, the Austrians with Maria Theresa. This was done
to prevent the absurdity of having a picture of say, Cleopatra, but the name given in text as Ramses.
Original--------New

Nicaraguans----Swedes
Nigerians------Austrians
Irish ---------Arabs
Cubans --------Byzantines
Jamaicans------Italians
Welsh----------Celts
---------------Aztecs
---------------Bantu
---------------Slavs"
? Placing Forests costs 400, instead of 800.
? The defensive bonus of Hills has been raised from 50% to 75%. This puts them between Forests/Jungles and
Mountains, which seems more realistic, imo.
? Kelp and Reefs can have food improvements.
? Drilling Platforms now increase production, not commerce, adding 20 production and 5 gold at a cost of 1,200.
(The same cost and effect as advanced mines on Hills.) They may be built on Shallow Water, Kelp, Tundra and
Swamp tiles.
? Ports can only be built on beach tiles.
? Fortifications give a +100% defense bonus.
? Listening posts cost 500.
? Airbases cost 600, and take 3 turns to complete.
? Undersea tunnels costs 800 for shallow-water types, 1,200 for Deep Water, and 1,600 for Volcanoes and Rifts,
due to the seismic instability of these last two terrains.
? Tunnels cannot be built over Trenches.
The biggest changes were to Forests, which only gave 5 production before (who decided that?), and to deserts,
which I gave 10 production to (hey, if plains give 10...).
I eliminated the production from most sea terrains, and adding some gold to other types, since sea-faring nations
were traditionally big traders as well.
The new function of Drilling Rigs will help balance out the terrain in the later stages of the game, but something had
to be done with the original setup.
I mean, the AIs were founding cities on solid Glacier continents, and making large, productive cities simply becuase
Beaches were the best un-improved terrain type in the game. It was ridiculus. They can still have large cities, I
suppose, but now they will have to buy most anything they have in them.

For Governements:
1)I set turns-to-readiness for all govt's to the Med mod I settings.
2)City limit for Monarchy reduced to 15.
1)Med mod I's militia triggers,
2)Wonder-enabled special units,
3)Gedrin's new Refugee trigger, which takes a portion of the population from a conquered city and spreads it among
the remaining cities of the original owner, and
4)a yet-to-be-made unit repair trigger, which will sutract shields from your public works pile to pay for healing units
to full strength in cities. If you can't pay for them, your units don't heal any more than they would out in the field.
This will have a major impact on waging war, and go a long way towards making the game more realistic.
The current practice of getting free repairs for spending the night in town sounds like something out of Dungeons
and Dragons, and should have been addressed years ago.
the const.txt contains all kinds of flags for map creation, slider settings, unit
bonuses, city settings, bombard and pollution settings and effects, plus all the special attack settings.

Check out WesW's post in the creations forums: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum44/HTML/000032.html?132

Looks good so far with new units and city types also the AI looks to be improved.

------------------
" mind over body "
Old December 15, 2000, 11:49   #2
Savant
Warlord

Local Time: 04:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
These look like good and familiar changes!! May we expect the mod to be playtested and packed before xmas?

------------------
'Blood will run'
[This message has been edited by Savant (edited December 15, 2000).]