Old December 28, 2000, 18:41   #1
Radical_Manuvr
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:47
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Multiple cities on same tile?
I was trying to add some cities to the WW2 scenario map. Just to test it out I added one city for the British and saved the scenario. I loaded the game and moved a few units around. When I clicked end turn I got a message that the city of London had revolted and formed a new civ. I went right to the scenario editor to see what was going on and I found what appears to be at least 2 cities on the London tile.

I thought I screwed something up so I copied the original map file back to my scenario folder and started a new game. I then went to the scenario editor clicked on the city button and cycled through all 5 civs keeping an eye on London. It appears that there are 2 Londons of size 31 or 32 and 3 of size 15. I looked at a few cities from the other civs while cycling through the players and they show cities of various sizes as well. Maybe it's always like this. I never looked before. Anyway, I can get rid of all 5 Londons but when I place a new city where London was it only has a city radius of that one tile, meaning it will not grow. I even used the city size and took it up in the 100s but it still only used that one tile for the city radius.

Does anyone know of a way to get the city radius to work correctly? Short of hitting end turn 400 times to get the city to go from size 18 to 19 or something like that I can't think of anything else. I'd really just like to use the map. Maybe there's a way to get the map without the cities and units already placed?
Old December 28, 2000, 19:42   #2
Harlan
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 01:47
I've mentioned this somewhere else in these forums, in the general forum I think, but I'll repeat it again. NEVER use the delete key in the cheat menu to destroy cities or forts. Use other methods, like having enemy units walk on size 1 cities. If you use the delete key, sometimes the info of which city is using the tiles isn't deleted, and a ghost city continues to use them after its dead. I've never had the problem about multiple cities in one spot, but its probably related to the same thing.

Generally speaking, be extremely wary about where you place a city- don't place it somewhere and then think, nah, I'll place it one square over. If you do that kind of thing, save often and backup your saves.
Old December 28, 2000, 21:10   #3
Radical_Manuvr
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:47
Thanks Harlan. I knew there was probably some simple solution.