Old December 30, 2000, 02:40   #1
tdean001
Settler

Local Time: 09:47
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Further SLIC ideas...
I've been playing CTP2 ever since it was released and I have also been monitoring the Creation forum diligently. From both my ideas garnished while play9ing the game and through the forum posts, I have thought up three mods I'd like to see added on, if I can figure out the SLIC for them

(1) A revolution trigger (kinda like in Civ1) that would randomly release a barbarian horde. The trigger for this would be dependent on the difficulty level and the corresponding happiness threshold for revolution in cities. The location of the uprising would be a function of distance from the capitol, perhaps the presence of TIs in the area (citizens for whom the gov built farms would be less likely to revolt ), POSSIBLY the proximity to a warring nation (could go either way - Other nation could be supplying arms and aiding rebels, or the citizens could be more loyal to the gov because they have more at stake), and the government type (tyranny=more likely ... more advanced=less likely). There would be an additive chance for each turn below the happiness threshold.

(2) An army training feature would be REAL nice, but kinda difficult, if not impossible, to implement. Essentially, I would love to be able to right-click on a stack of units and select 'train' as an option, but I have no idea whether that would be programmable under SLIC, etc...
Training cost would be a function of the manufacturing cost of each non-veteran unit in the stack (maybe 0.10 * cost).
Training success would be variable, dependent on the proportion of veteran units in the stack to the total number of units in the stack. Therefore, you would have a greater likelihood of success with more veteran units around, kinda like real-life wargames.
There's another variable in the algorithym in my head, which is described under idea 3...
(3) I would like to enact a new diplomacy option where nations currently at peace could establish some sort of Military Training Pact. This would act to increase the likelihood of success in the training option described above, the equivalent of having foreign observers in for your military exercises.
If (2) isn't possible (I've got the sinking feeling it isn't), then (3) could be reflected in an increased likelihood of units becoming veteran after combat...

Just some thoughts I have had during the course of my playing with the game itself and the various mods...

If anyone could provide some hints as to coding this, feel free

Old December 30, 2000, 02:51   #2
Alpha Wolf
Chieftain

by changing, COMBAT_VETERAN_CHANCE in const.txt you can make veterans more likely.

------------------
History is written by the victor.
Old December 30, 2000, 11:35   #3
tdean001
Settler

Well, that should be easy enough to modify...

Any ideas about modifying the right click menu options?