Old January 6, 2001, 04:35   #1
Jerk
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:48
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Graphics (*.til *.zfs *.tga)
Hi,

Are their any released utilities for breaking down the gtset555.til and gtset565.til files so we can add our own custom tiles or tile improvements like the official senarios (activisions ww2) have? Howabout the pic555.zsf and pic565.zsf files.

For the graphic pros out there:

Can you post or link to the sizes and specs of the various .tga files in the game?

Activision (if you read this)

Can the ability to have larger depth in the tileimprovement tabs be added in a future patch? There is so little room available right now to add more in the land and terraform areas without removing something else.
[This message has been edited by Jerk (edited January 06, 2001).]
Old January 6, 2001, 14:54   #2
skorpion59
Prince

Local Time: 03:48
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Well, we need more graphics minded people as well as programmer types to get into this more. I have stabbed at it but I am spread a little thin at the moment.

Every TGA I have run across has been 16-bit, uncompressed files. The size depends on what it is for and if you read through the LDL files you can generally figure it out.

The ZFS files have been broken. The sound files are all WAV files which is okay but the graphics are RIM files which do no good. At least until somebody breaks the code on them.

The TIL files have not been broken yet either and they are the ones which need broken the most. It seems every graphic can be manipulated except these and they are the MAIN files which need to be changed.

CtP2 uses LZW compression and a 'Civ3 TIFF' graphics format. I don't know whether this is their proprietary format or a licensed format. If it is not licensed, I can't figure out why they refuse to open it up as this would make the game much better.

There is also a built-in graphical sprite editor which was disabled. Again, why????? If it is because they never got it working like they wanted, why not give US the code so we can do something with it.

In any case, scenarios don't work correctly, so it doesn't really make a difference until Activision addresses that issue. Hopefully, when Mr Ogre returns next week, he can address all this.