Old January 31, 2001, 16:08   #1
MR. SADDAM

Pros and Cons of Europe 1750 scenario
The Scenario is Fairly easy as Germans....Russia was very easy to capture and i swept Northern France (Paris , Lyons, and Brussels) early but the french are mounting a spirited defense of the south.I have only been attacked twice. The Italians Came up and captured cologne (which was quickly retaken) and the Ottomans Retook Belgrade.The British simply are trapped because they havent made a Seroius effort to break my Ironclad Blockade . One Huge Bug tho is the AI feels the urgency to build Settlers and have them expelled bye me .The Vikings and i are friends but I had to #$@!^ threatin them to do anything! example , We have a military alliance but i tell them to honor it and they say no?i had to threatin them for the alliance and i still have to threatin them to act on it.

Question? would AI frenzy help to cure AI Stupidity?

Old January 31, 2001, 16:23   #2
Savant
Warlord

Local Time: 04:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Thanks for the FB Saddam. I intend to install the MedMod 2 when it becomes available and has been tested for stability so I imagine that the next saved game will benefit from an improved AI that is part of that mod. I also intend to edit the map a bit more and make unti strength and city improvement changes. Finally, I suspect MM2 may have civilizations that better fit the time, like Austria or Sweden.

Of course, you can make changes to your CTP2 AI now and that should not cause a problem for Europe 1750.

------------------
'Blood will run'
Old January 31, 2001, 20:50   #3
MR. SADDAM

Actually i went ahead and loaded the AI Frenzy and diplomod 2.2 And then Reloaded the Slics Then amazingly The Frenchs Defense turned into an offensive. Mainly Stacks of 6 but they Retook the whole coast tho. Paris Brussels and amsterdam fell before i could stop them. Then to make matters worse The italians Attacked and took Trieste.After about 40 turns the AIs attacks petered out.But i got some great results outta AI_Frenzy. However i was Getting worried when London Made a huge attempt to Break an Ironclad blockade that was raiding there fisheries and Drilling platforms etc.A continous 20 turn effort that almost saw my blocade get knocked down.I was angered Later in the game when the Ottomans Actually Began to Conquer what were my holdings in Russia ! They retook Belgrade , Sevastopol, and Kiev.Anyway i am suprised and i believe that Activision should include AI frenzy in there next patch.But of course were talking about activision. Anyway 3 cheers for the creater of Freenzy.

Old February 1, 2001, 00:10   #4
Savant
Warlord

Hey that's great to hear that the AI Frenzy mod woke up the opponent CIVs in that game. Also it's good to know that a simple addition like that can make the scenario more playable.

I chose to make that scenario in that way for several reasons:

- small map allows folks with slower machines to play without undue delays
- small map is designed so that even if CIVS spawn settlers, they have very few places to settle given the city distances in the game

It's encouraging to know that mod changes to the AI can make it work better. Do you still get the CIVS sending out a lot of settlers or has that stopped or slowed?

What changes would you recommend in terms of balance beyond adding the AI mod?

------------------
'Blood will run'
Old February 1, 2001, 01:15   #5
MR. SADDAM

Its a good Scenario.......But the AIs misfortunes werent your fault.However i look forward to restarting it the whole way with Frenzy mod. Anyway im working on a scenario myself.The Beggining of the World scenario.
Map of middle east and and 8 basic Civs. Anyway thanks i graded your scenario 8.0 so that should boosts its ratings up.Well thats it for this thread catch ya later

Old February 1, 2001, 01:17   #6
MR. SADDAM

Its a good Scenario.......But the AIs misfortunes werent your fault.However i look forward to restarting it the whole way with Frenzy mod. Anyway im working on a scenario myself.The Beggining of the World scenario.
Map of middle east and and 8 basic Civs. Anyway thanks i graded your scenario 8.0 so that should boosts its ratings up.Well thats it for this thread catch ya later

------------------
Virginians , Virginians ! On This day....who will come with me ! - Lou Armistead Telling his Rebel Brigade to Charge the Stonewall at gettysburg , Even when hope was lost.

Old February 9, 2001, 08:06   #7
Fredric Drum
Warlord

Local Time: 10:54
Hi.. I have to admit that I'm unable to get the 1750-scenario to work. I put it in one of my save game drawers, but when trying to load it it is not recognized. What am I doing wrong?

Fred
Old February 9, 2001, 12:55   #8
OmniGod
Civilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

The scenario is self extracting and I believe that you ahve to extract it into the scenarios folders not the save game folder.
Old February 9, 2001, 15:51   #9
Savant
Warlord

To check on whether it worked, I simply downloaded it from this site (rather than the version I have on my HD @ home) and placed it into a saved game directory I made from scratch and it worked the first time.

It has to go in the saved game folder under:

\ctp\save\games

Then just make a new folder called "Euro1750" so it looks like this now:

\ctp\save\games\Euro1750

Copy the self-extracting file there and unzip it. It should then be ready to play in CTP2 when you click on load saved game. The folder Euro1750 and the gamefile should then be "clickable".

Please make sure you have Patch 1.1. I don't know if it runs without the patched version.

------------------
'Blood will run'