Old February 16, 2001, 11:35   #211
hexagonian
The Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Local Time: 04:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Wes,

FYI
I believe that you will be limited to having a total of 67 City Improvements in the game. The way to check whether a City Improvement is actually in the game is to go into the editor and place your added improvements into a city, and then exit the editor and see if those improvements show up in your City Manager.

If you have too many, you will be able to build them, link up to them in the Great Library and so forth, but they do not appear in your City Manager as part of your inventory. I can only assume that they do not take any effect either.
Old February 16, 2001, 18:02   #212
Paul
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 10:55
Mr Ogre posted some time ago that there can be no more than 64 city improvements and 64 wonders. The number of advances and units is unlimited.
Old February 17, 2001, 00:00   #213
GAMEOVER
Settler

Local Time: 09:55
When can we expect this mod?
Old February 17, 2001, 20:23   #214
WesW
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 03:55
Thanks for the info, Paul. I didn't remember Mr. Ogre saying there was a limit to wonders and improvements.

The granary bug is something I made. You can open up the buildings.txt and delete the line that obsoletes the granary.
Only the Domestic version of the mod works.

I don't know when the beta will be out. I have not heard from Gedrin in over a week, and I need to get the debugged chop sheet from him before I can finish the text files for the beta.
I know it is frustrating waiting for the beta. I would have loved to have been playing it this week myself.
At least we are still making progress on improving the game, as evidenced by the new triggers posted in my thread in the creation section.

The update I posted a few days ago is the readmes for the beta. They will be changed a little when the actual beta is posted, but if you familiarize yourself with them, you will have a head start when the beta is available.

Since this thread has grown so big due to the delays with the beta, I would propose that we let this thread die and wait until the beta is up with its accompanying thread before posting more on the med mod.
Old February 19, 2001, 04:08   #215
Huysmans_666
Chieftain

Hi folks,

Maybe not the right forum, or maybe so, anyway,
I posted this same message in the frenzy forum but since this is a very active forum AND it does relate to something in de medieval mod I thought lets put it here

Well here goes....after playing maybe a couple of hundred games I began noticing that the AI always takes over the capital first no matter how far away it is !
This struck me as odd because there were much nicer cities much closer to their own CIV.
It's very frustrating to see 14 CIV with every capital in the hands of another CIV !
And they don't evwen bother to take it back, they just sit there !

Now...I looked at the SLIC script and even though I can't write SLIC I CAN read it and after a while a came upon a routine that searched for an enemy city to conquer and it began with 1, now city number one is ALWAYS the capital, so via SLIC the AI always goes after the enemys Capital.....Is this necessary and can't something be programmed to check the AI to see if it's capital is occupied if so then take it back at all costs !

I don't think it's usefull to the game if the enemy is without capital.

It's very odd to see a worldmap where all civs still have their cities except every civ has lost their captil to another civ ! VERY STRANGE experience !

Well I hope I made my question clear and I do hope that something can be done !

Since this SLIC script is in medieval mod I hope it's ok I post this here !?

greetinx ! Keep up the good work !
Old February 19, 2001, 08:35   #216
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:55
quote:

Since this thread has grown so big due to the delays with the beta, I would propose that we let this thread die and wait until the beta is up with its accompanying thread before posting more on the med mod.

In that case I propose Markos closes this thread and archives it before the infamous Apolyton Forum Bug gets to it...

Huysmans,

Actually, the Frenzy code is not part of the MedMod. Wes is aiming for an AI that's actually good, not one that's just fanatical...

Anyway, I pointed this out to BleuO a while ago but I think he didn't mind as people reported they liked this, which I can understand (BTW capitol is city 0, not city 1).
Old February 19, 2001, 11:34   #217
Huysmans_666
Chieftain

Locutus : Oh, well then I'm sorry I thought frenzyAI was going in medmod, oh well, as long as the mod is fien it's ok !
Well since you seem to be the SLIC wizard around here, do you know of a way for the AI to get really pissed of at conquering their capital so that it will definitly try to win it back ?

I hope there is, otherwise I might start to read up on the SLIC scripting...is it easy to learn...I know C and asm and pascal, delphi and $#$# but not SLIC !

Furthermore I'm very anxious to get started on my own thing ..I used to love the little boatbarbs you got in civ1, and I want to put them back in the game, do you have a few pointers for me so I can startup ?

He, thx man your the best !
Old February 19, 2001, 11:54   #218
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:55
Getting the AI to be pissed off is simple (using LogRegardEvent or something like that in SLIC), but I don't think that that'll help in getting it's capitol back, that would very much depend on the situation: what other goals are available, how high the force matching values are, etc, all kinds of AI stuff - AFAIK, SLIC has little to say about that (though you could, ala Frenzy mod, pick a big army and send it out to attack it's old capitol or something like that, but personally I think that's a bad idea)...

Well, Huysmans, if you know all those languages, it should be fairly easy to learn SLIC, it's not a complicated language to learn (though no matter how good you are, it'll always be a pain in the @*$%!#$ to use correctly ).

If you'd write some SLIC code to get those barbarians to use ships again, both Wes and I would be very grateful...

How to implement it is rather ambiguous, it depends on what exactly you want to do and how you want to do it, plenty of options there. Most importantly, you'd need the function CreateUnit (or optionally the event of the same name) to create the ship and it's contents, you'd need something like the BoardTransport event to make the units board the ship somehow and you'd need to somehow send it in the direction of a city (possibly using MoveUnits or MovePathOrder or something of the sort) and make the units unboard near that city (with UnloadOrder or something). It's not one of the easiest things to do, but it's very much needed in the game... (I'd do it myself but I don't know when I'll have time for it)