Old February 23, 2001, 16:20   #1
Bluevoss
Prince

Local Time: 09:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Errors in MedMod
Hey, everything went pretty well with Wes's mod. I'm really enjoying it. But when I saved and came back the next night, I started getting dialog errors (see my entry on "Feedback" for the specific error.

I was thinking about it here at work and cant (obviously) try this out. But I need to ask - do I need to load the scenerio first, and then load the game? Last night, I just went straight to the game and it seemed to work (outside of the dumps at the end of each turn.

HELP! I want to play with the MedMod!

------------------
Bluevoss-
Old February 23, 2001, 17:14   #2
Unspeakable Horror
Spanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 06:55
You are right, first start a new game with the Scenario and then load the savegame, if you load the savegame directly then the next time you save the game the file will be corrupted.

------------------
"For each side the only acceptable outcome was the Total elimination of the other..."
Old February 24, 2001, 11:59   #3
Bluevoss
Prince

Okay, I did just that last night. I played a game with the MedMod, then saved it. This morning, I chose "scenerio", started a new game, then once the game started, I selected "load game" from the pulldown menu and loaded my former game.

Still getting those reference errors. Anyone else get this?

In looking at the troubleshooting file, I noticed a reference to a V1.21 hack. This is something I do not have. Could this be the problem, and where do I get it?

------------------
Bluevoss-
Old February 25, 2001, 00:01   #4
Pintello
Warlord

Hi Bluevoss,

Once you have loaded the game, you have to go to the cheat menu and select "reload slic". This will resolve most of the crash to desktop error.

I have never been able to play a saved scenario past the first saved game. When I try to load the second saved game I always get the Sprite not found error that has been discussed before. If anyone has figured this out I would appreciate knowing what the solution is. I believe Wes has come up with a clever work around for this by renaming the files and saving them in the main directory and referring to them in a special file for running the mod. Unfortunately we will not be able to see this in action until the Beta is released.

Regards,

Timothy Pintello