Old February 26, 2001, 00:15   #1
Bluevoss
Prince

Local Time: 09:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Population/polution in MedMod
All & especially Wes,

I'm still hoping for some negative population impacts in the MedMod. I've been playing around with DBDiffs, but its clear I dont know how polution & population work (why, oh why, couldn't activision add the code to allow populations to DIRECTLY have a negative impact in the game? The variables are in DBDiffs, ferchristsake!)

Anyway, I just wanted to get my thoughts in before this was done. Given the smaller sizes of the cities, I would like to see population give a negative impact sooner that the game originally called for. Specifically, I'd like to see a negative modifier for each population unit. Right now, its about 200 ad and the biggest city is an 8. It would be nice if I had to build theaters, shrines, and arenas (or use entertainers) to keep things in control.

Is the pollution modifier controlled in slic code? Can it be changed to run the DBDiff variables? The ones with the size population becomes a problem and the negative multiplier it continues to have? And will the AI be able to cope this with?

Any answers/feedback is appriciated. Thanks!

------------------
Bluevoss-